opinnions on a Line 6 spider IV?

You definitely got the right cabinet - the only other 4x12 cabs they have are lower power for the olde valvestate or Vetta amps. Maybe the speakers are good for 80 watts each, rather than 75, no big deal.
Just to reinforce my advice on plugging in both right and left outputs - a guy posted on the L6 forum that it cost him $60 at a Line 6 Service Center to get the output driver replaced on 1 side of the used amp he just got - previous owner had been running with just one side plugged in (hope that wasn't you!)

okay, ya got me convinced..thanks!! and no, it was`nt me..i still have my line 6..although I did run it with only one cord hooked up the first night while messing around with my band (not so much a band, as it is a few drunks making alot of noise..LOL)..anyway...DAMNIT!!...not to mention..when it was on the floor at GC, it only had one cord hooked up..i know as i helped break it down to buy it etc..this kinda sucks as I have no idea how long it was in there being used like that..ARG!

Didn't read the whole thread, just clicked on the original link.
If you're getting some kind of insane deal on a used one and you need an amp fast, sure give it a shot.
But if you're planning on paying full price, why not take that cash and get something that's.....y'know......not a Line 6?
Plenty of great used options in that price range...

If you're getting some kind of insane deal on a used one and you need an amp fast, sure give it a shot.
But if you're planning on paying full price, why not take that cash and get something that's.....y'know......not a Line 6?

why?......

Thanks fat....Still wondering about the answer to my questions though?

oh- you mean these?

out of curiousity...which line 6 amp have you owned and had personal experiance with?

and what amp do you own/use now?

I've never owned a Line 6 amp. Heard em though.
Right now I go back and forth between a 4x10 tweed Deville combo and a 60s Bassman head.

Again, good luck with your purchase....keep us posted on how it works out!

New, $700 or less with GC deals or demo clearance, won't get much in a good tube amp, even used for that price. And for some uses, a tube amp isn't always the best option (as I seem to be repeating).

New, $700 or less with GC deals or demo clearance, won't get much in a good tube amp, even used for that price. And for some uses, a tube amp isn't always the best option (as I seem to be repeating).

I have concluded that the ONLY bad reviews of line 6, are comming from people who have never even owned one..LOL...

that or...they heard one once..LOL..good grief, how lame can it get...how does someone know exactly what the amp is capable of, if they`ve only heard one used by someone else? the guy could have not had a clue how to dial it in etc...

basically, tube snobs are the only ones who have anything bad to say about line 6..they like one type tone/sound and one only..and in their mind, its the only decent sound..

I`ve already been there done that 20plus years ago..I`m moving on to more exciting things...not that i hold anything aganst tube amps, as again, I had an ORIGINAL fender twin reverb (not the re issue), and did infact love the sound..but I`m getting by with my line 6 just fine so far..

I put up this post to hear from people who actually owned one, and either decided they did`nt like it, or they did..
not for people with absolutly NO personal experiance to post useless opinnions not based on any actuall facts/experience...

I have concluded that the ONLY bad reviews of line 6, are comming from people who have never even owned one.

That's because most people don't go to the store and test drive an amp and then purchase it when they believe that it sounds like shit.

basically, tube snobs are the only ones who have anything bad to say about line 6..they like one type tone/sound and one only..and in their mind, its the only decent sound..

That's bullshit. I really wanted to like Line 6 amps because it would be very handy to have multiple tones in one package. I've borrowed Line 6 amps from people and they just sound horrible no matter how they are adjusted. This is sad because I am usually able to coax decent/usable tones from crappy gear.

One thing Line 6 makes that I like are those stompbox modellers.... DM4, MM4, FM4, etc. Those actually sound pretty decent.
I had an MM4 once and liked it, though it of course shit the bed after a couple years.

That's because most people don't go to the store and test drive an amp and then purchase it when they believe that it sounds like shit.

That's bullshit. I really wanted to like Line 6 amps because it would be very handy to have multiple tones in one package. I've borrowed Line 6 amps from people and they just sound horrible no matter how they are adjusted. This is sad because I am usually able to coax decent/usable tones from crappy gear.

sorry man, gotta be honest with ya...you have absolutly no credibility with me, as I really dont believe a word your saying..
I dont believe for one second you have any personal experience with a line 6 spider 4 at all...

Had you of entered this thread/convo with respect and honestly, I`d be able to posibley take into consideration your statements, but due to your very childish previous post, I`m sorry, but I just can not believe or take into consideration anything you say at this point...

now if..and that is a BIG if...I`m wrong, and you have actually tested out/barrowed etc a line 6 "spider 4 HD150"...my guess would be that it was just too complicted for you to figure out..ya got frustrated with it and gave up..JMO.. :)

either way...opinnions are opinnions..no sence in repeating your dislike for an amp you have no experience with...LOL

I use tube amps and I think the above statement is a mild generalisation because most of the time I use my tube amps in conjunction with a Digitech GSP1101 Rack unit which can do its job without taking over proceedings, plus I have the option of using a physical vintage cab or taking a DI out from the pre amp of one of my tube amps into the Digitech and using the rack unit with its pre amp switched off. I can then go into a mixer to record or take the output which from guitar to tube pre, to rack unit, to feed into another tube amp which drives a cab. So maybe I don't fit the one tone crew too well. I have nothing against Line 6 amps/cabs, I just wouldn't buy one any more than most folk here would like the wrong sugar option in their coffee if given the option to have a beverage composed how they like it. I think mutual respect is a good way to go, I don't think my set up is better than anyone else's but it suits me and that's all anyone needs to be concerned with in respect of what they buy.

The most noticeable common ground here, is that a desire to get a sound which inspires a guitarist to play the instrument is high on many lists of priorities. How that is achieved is irrelevant providing the person concerned finds pleasure in hearing what they play.

sorry man, gotta be honest with ya...you have absolutly no credibility with me, as I really dont believe a word your saying.

It's not my credibility that's in question here being that you are the one that ignored the negative reviews and bought an overpriced digital practice amp.

my guess would be that it was just too complicted for you to figure out..ya got frustrated with it and gave up.

Anyone that actually knows me and that have seen some of the complex guitar rigs that I've run in past decades would laugh right in your face for saying something so ignorant.

It's not my credibility that's in question here being that you are the one that ignored the negative reviews and bought an overpriced digital practice amp.

Anyone that actually knows me and that have seen some of the complex guitar rigs that I've run in past decades would laugh right in your face for saying something so ignorant.

blah blah blah..all the negative reviews were posted by people who have never owned one..LOL..

ohh and sorry you need such "complex" guitar rigs to get by...bwaaahahahhaha!!!

hey man, it is what it is..you came in this thread posting nothing but trash, insulting ignorant crap, so deal with it...
I have a SINGLE guitar worth more then ALL your guitar related equiptment combined..FACT...research my previous post on here to figure out what it is...

In other news, I drove down towards the big D (detroit) today and picked up a new FBV shortboard MKII earlier.... :)

Last edited:
Back