Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

I kept forgetting to post this:

This was recorded across two tapes, with the tracks laid out like so:

A tape:
1. click track (guide mix from B-tape)
2. Bass synthesizer
3. uWave saws
4. Mellotron (strings and choir punched in as needed)
5. Organ
6. Lead synth
7. Vocals
8. SMPTE

B tape:
1. (empty edge track)
2. Overdriven organ
3&4 (Pianos)
5&6 (Drums)
8. SMPTE

The vocals were recorded (and later re-recorded) in separate segments as different effects combinations were required. I believe I eventually rerecorded everything because I was not satisfied with the earlier take.
In fact, since I mixed this I rerecorded the first verse which is a little off-key in places.
As with basically all my music the whole lot was preprogrammed on computer and laid down track by track under timecode control using Rosegarden.

I like it. It sounds very good to me. Thanks for posting. I've been wanting to post a few of my bands practices, but I found the 1/4 inch Sony tape is very squeaky.

I am so proud of being an Analog Fanatic that I am embarassed to say I have no idea how to get my recordings into digits so I can post them here.
VP

It's so easy I can do it. You can download a free program like Audasity set you inputs hit the rec button then save in your favorite format.

Time to laugh

I have one I did last week. I have to set this up first. Elvis did the song in the 50's and was redone for the Heartbreak Hotel movie soundtrack in the early 90's or late 80's by David Keith AND T Gramh Band. It was so horrid, my brother and I have always made fun of it. I thought it would be nice to surprise him with my over the top rendition. If you think my vox are bad, download David's version. At Least I'm trying to sound bad. Please make comments. I'm interested to know if people fell off their chairs or laughed until they cried. The guitar is from the soundtrack song that was emailed to me in MP3 then recorded on my Tascam 38.with my vox. Enjoy and don't forget to laugh.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=997040&songID=8423652

Hey dodge, your song really made me laugh. Thanks for posting. I guess I'm all alone here now. People look but don't post. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digital video of an analog recording

Digital video of an analog recording (just to keep Dodge happy about the post count here)...

Here's one of the me's showing how much I don't know about this old Yamaha CS-30 synth of mine....

:o

Cool video man.
I'm looking for some help on this song. It's a Christian Rap song the singer in my band has done. I recorded it a few days ago and am looking for any help. I have done no mixing or EQing at all. Since I don't have monitors yet, I can't mix it like it should be mixed. Thanks for the help. I have noticed my analog to MP crappy sound is present and some clipping in some spots. I also used my Teac X-7R as well. From 38 to mixer, from mixer to X-7, from X-7 to comp.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=997040&songID=8458371

recorded a song recently, live to teac 80-8, called "hole in time", posted here:

http://www.myspace.com/magicherovsrockpeople

recorded to RMGI 911 tape and mixed to NOS Scotch 203 on a tascam 22-2. all analog, no effects except spring reverb and tube compressor on the stereo dubdown.

Oh, I missed that. Nice work. By the way, I don't think I mentioned that the album was great.
What are you using for keyboards on those songs?

Oh, I missed that. Nice work. By the way, I don't think I mentioned that the album was great.
What are you using for keyboards on those songs?

thank you - i used a farfisa professional model combo organ through a silverface twin reverb. the album itself has a LOT of vintage keyboards on it! wurlitzer, mellotron, RMI electra piano, farfisa. plus a lot of other weird little instruments like glockenspiel, harmonica, kazoo, trumpet, etc.

thank you - i used a farfisa professional model combo organ through a silverface twin reverb. the album itself has a LOT of vintage keyboards on it! wurlitzer, mellotron, RMI electra piano, farfisa. plus a lot of other weird little instruments like glockenspiel, harmonica, kazoo, trumpet, etc.

Yes. I was wondering about the mellotron on 'Upset in the Sun' actually. Was that sampled or do you actually have access to the real thing?

Forget it!

Cool video man.
I'm looking for some help on this song. It's a Christian Rap song the singer in my band has done. I recorded it a few days ago and am looking for any help. I have done no mixing or EQing at all. Since I don't have monitors yet, I can't mix it like it should be mixed. Thanks for the help. I have noticed my analog to MP crappy sound is present and some clipping in some spots. I also used my Teac X-7R as well. From 38 to mixer, from mixer to X-7, from X-7 to comp.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=997040&songID=8458371

I deleted it from soundclick. The sound was horrid. I went back in the software and found major clipping all over. Funny thing is , when putting the song on the comp I only seen two places where it was clipping. I'll redo it and re post.

Back