Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Did you have a straight face when he was doing his lead vox? Take it from me, I know bad singing when I hear it because I can't sing a note. On a good note, the sound is again fantastically recorded. I'm starting to record our band practices on my Nephews Teac X-7R just to have it recorded for playback. I'll try to have a song posted sometime this week. I must also admit, I'm kind of disappointed that more people haven't contributed to the thread.

You have no idea what I went through and had to listen to sometimes. :eek: I had this one fellow who had written a couple of songs back in the 1940's that he had always wanted to record. He was probably 80 or so when he came into the studio with only his guitar and his voice. I don't think he had tuned the guitar since he wrote the songs. Being Minnesota, he sang with a very heavy Sweedish accent and was almost as in tune as his guitar. We got his two songs done and he decided that he wanted me to bring in a band to play on one of the two songs. I got some buddys together and they gave it the big try and actually succeeded in getting the job done as well as possible. He had me order 100 45 RPM records for him to pass out to friends and relatives. He loved it, which is what counts. The next time I saw him I asked him if he was still singing to which he replied "I can't because someone stole my teeth." He was sitting on the porch when the phone rang. He went in to answer it and when he returned his teeth, which he left on the porch table were gone and he said he can't sing with his new teeth. :D Maybe I'll post one of his songs later. ;)

By the way, the country song that I posted above got a great write up in a local country music rag at the time. ;) Things are more acceptable in country music.

You never know what your going to run into when you try to do recording as a buisness. I had one guy book time one day at my place that came in and sang a song he wrote. Vocal only. And the whole song was about corn.
When he was done I made a cassette for him and he was just pleased as heck. Paid me then left and I never heard from him agian.
Looking back I wished I had kept the recording.

You never know what your going to run into when you try to do recording as a buisness. I had one guy book time one day at my place that came in and sang a song he wrote. Vocal only. And the whole song was about corn.
When he was done I made a cassette for him and he was just pleased as heck. Paid me then left and I never heard from him agian.
Looking back I wished I had kept the recording.

Corn? Not much to say about that subject. It must have been a short song.

Thought I'd post my last analog recording. It was done on my MSR-16 and is called "Into the Fire." I tried to take a Dio mid-tempo kinda feel and mix it with a Judas Priest/Iron Maiden sound towards the end. If you're a fan of '80s metal I think you'll appreciate this song.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8359358

-MD

Sweet, a new analog recording from the current decade? Just for Dave :):):)... It's got that nice tape thing happening with the kick and the cymbals MD.

The thing about playing original music is that if I screw up, or am not that proficient on a particular instrument, there still is a chance someone might not notice.

I don't think I'm proficient enough to start playing covers that everybody knows.

-MD

I've often found beatles to be one of the hardest to cover....
a lot of weird chords and it never comes out right.

maybe that's just me though!:)

Not me

I didnt record this, but it was done on a Tascam 388. The musicianship in the drumming is fantastic. Im not the kind to define art by how "real" or "fake" it is, i love the realest of the real and the fakest of the fake. But, it is nice to hear a real band playing with a real drummer when the chance comes around.

Seriously, got a room to clean? Washing your car? Toss this record on and after a bit youll be diggin it.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?...lbums&artistid=18335382&ap=0&albumid=11700110

Listen to the snare on track 8.

Thanks for posting in this thread. I listened to it all while I was labeling my wires to my mixer. I really loved it. Post more if you can.

I didnt record this, but it was done on a Tascam 388. The musicianship in the drumming is fantastic. Im not the kind to define art by how "real" or "fake" it is, i love the realest of the real and the fakest of the fake. But, it is nice to hear a real band playing with a real drummer when the chance comes around.

Seriously, got a room to clean? Washing your car? Toss this record on and after a bit youll be diggin it.

http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?...lbums&artistid=18335382&ap=0&albumid=11700110

Listen to the snare on track 8.
Funky, and very nicely done (and I've only listened to the first song). I do enjoy a good horn section. :)

Some more 38 stuff. This was a first mix for the band to get some ideas for a mix. But never finished cause they broke up the week after it was recorded.

Back