Here it is, warts and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah after coming back to it after a few days, the drums do sound just a twat hair ahead of the beat. I mean just barely.

Yep, you got it. But you know what? The lead's still not right. And now I know why: the little break up front and the solo were both "written" not improvised--and they had some fairly tight turnarounds--turnarounds that were done with the old drum track.

Greg's playing this with more swing than the old track (and that's good!) and his fills are of course different. So my lead breaks aren't coming in or turning on the drum line like they did when I tracked it.

I think this song is worth getting just as tight as possible--so when you've got a good enough connection, I'd love to have the track with Joey & Greg, but without me. Then I'll redo my part. But I also don't want to beat a dead horse--so it's your call!

The mix is very good in spite of my insecurities about my part. Great job!

I remember this song from the first time you put it up Rokket. Nice to hear this. The collab has some high quality performing and tracking. The drums sound to me like they're a touch ahead of the beat, but even with that it's good, man.

Yeah after coming back to it after a few days, the drums do sound just a twat hair ahead of the beat. I mean just barely.
What the ---:eek:

Ack.. I'll check on the drums and then send you the guitarless track, Bob.

Thanks for the listen guys..

Thanks! That lifts my spirits a bit!

My strength seems to be as a songwriter, which isn't saying much, but... I also seem to be able to find just the right combination of people to collab with that gives the song just the right chemistry! :D

Thanks! That lifts my spirits a bit!

My strength seems to be as a songwriter, which isn't saying much, but... I also seem to be able to find just the right combination of people to collab with that gives the song just the right chemistry! :D

Yup! Plenty of great musicians here to collab with. Everyone should do it, it's fun and you learn from other people. ;):D

anyone want to colabo with me? i just wrote a nice 10 track album thats got it all. i wrote it a few weeks ago, but i never messed with the songs, now i see they need to be collaborated on. they are nice songs! anyone wanna go in for a 10 track album with me? it'd be good for me!i want a home recording bbs dream team band!

anyone want to colabo with me? i just wrote a nice 10 track album thats got it all. i wrote it a few weeks ago, but i never messed with the songs, now i see they need to be collaborated on. they are nice songs! anyone wanna go in for a 10 track album with me? it'd be good for me!i want a home recording bbs dream team band!

I'll do it.

i just recorded for the 10 songs, 10 base guitar tracks to build everything around. but if you'd rather make up your own guitar tracks thats ok too! do you think i should post them here, or make a new thread :) or maybe just upload two at a time. the base guitar track and lyrics for that song. i dont know if someone else would want to sing them, they could if they wanted but to give you an idea of the song it'd be good to post them too. i guess either one person would take a song for themselves to go work on and make, or maybe it could be sent around being built on by other people. wonder whats best!

i just recorded for the 10 songs, 10 base guitar tracks to build everything around. but if you'd rather make up your own guitar tracks thats ok too! do you think i should post them here, or make a new thread :) or maybe just upload two at a time. the base guitar track and lyrics for that song. i dont know if someone else would want to sing them, they could if they wanted but to give you an idea of the song it'd be good to post them too. i guess either one person would take a song for themselves to go work on and make, or maybe it could be sent around being built on by other people. wonder whats best!

I'll do the drums for all 10.

I'll do the drums for all 10.

gee, neato! i was kinda playing the guitar to my own internal rhythm, but now that you are inspired and commited, youre not commited, but excited at least to do 10 tracks, im going to listen to your work, and maybe do 10 more new guitar tracks now! this album will be amazin i think! its like the ringo band!

i think i'll just keep them as is. because thats how i felt at the time! and the drumming, you can go crazy! it doesnt even need to try to be on beat!

Please make your own thread and stop hijacking mine with your nonsense. :mad:

I just knew that would piss you off...:D

Anyway, mix sounds great. Did you nudge anything timing-wise since the last mix? - guess I'm not hearing the issues in that regard. Vocals are nice...BGVs nicely balanced as well. Drums go into cool wild keith moon territory at the end. Any suggestions would be purely subjective at this point...nice job as far as everyone involved!~:).

I just knew that would piss you off...:D

Anyway, mix sounds great. Did you nudge anything timing-wise since the last mix? - guess I'm not hearing the issues in that regard. Vocals are nice...BGVs nicely balanced as well. Drums go into cool wild keith moon territory at the end. Any suggestions would be purely subjective at this point...nice job as far as everyone involved!~:).
I did a little nudging! :D

I got it all lined up. The only change that is coming is that Bob wants to redo the solo to fit better with the new vocal and drum tracks.

And yeah, that little knucklehead does piss me off.

Eddie, you're almost there with the voice. It's still a just a twat-hair (to use Greg's expression....:D) ahead. Just a fraction and you're there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back