Here it is, warts and all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokket

Trailing Behind Again
I am not sure if I am jumping the gun with this mix, but I am running out of time to get it posted... :o

joeym remarked that we would make one hell of a band, I would have to agree!

So....

Drums - Greg_L

Bass and Rhythm guitars - me

Lead guitar - WhiteStrat

Vocals - joeym

Tell me what you think of the mix and the performance...

Daddy's Little Girl

Some of you may remember this one. It's about 7 years old and it's been posted a few times.:o:D

I am not sure if I am jumping the gun with this mix, but I am running out of time to get it posted... :o

joeym remarked that we would make one hell of a band, I would have to agree!

So....

Drums - Greg_L

Bass and Rhythm guitars - me

Lead guitar - WhiteStrat

Vocals - joeym

Tell me what you think of the mix and the performance...

Daddy's Little Girl

Some of you may remember this one. It's about 7 years old and it's been posted a few times.:o:D

Sounds good, the rhythm section is good and tight, bass drums and guitars, lead and harmony vocals sounding fine. Only thing that sounds a bit off is the lead guitar-the solo intros are drowned out by the vocal harmonies and the delay on it smears the notes into each other.
If the delay level can be cut back it would help the solos cut through much better.

I will work on that. I can't do much about the delay. It was tracked with it. But I can play with it to bring it out. Maybe just bumping it up a dB or two could help?

Heaps of hassles with the streamer so I'm in the process of downloading...
The Aicharrrh Allstars
Nifty harmonies - esp the high bits.
I'm happy with the way the solo begins - seems to have been constructed to come out from under.
The only thing I'd suggest is some defintion for the bass - it's fine enough when it's not right under the chugging guitar - but when they guitar & bass are in synch it seems to sink into the bottom end only.
Anexcellent result - congrats all round.

Sounds good dude. Joey's vocals sound awesome.

Thanx Greg, your drums sound awesome too! See...we ended up playing on something together! :D

Eddie, the sound quality of the mix is great. The vocals are still a fraction late and the backings could be a little lower. I think Bob's solo in the middle is also a little late. It's really just fractions, not a big problem, you're getting there.......;) Sweet song!

Reactions: XLR
Thanx Greg, your drums sound awesome too! See...we ended up playing on something together! :D

Eddie, the sound quality of the mix is great. The vocals are still a fraction late and the backings could be a little lower. I think Bob's solo in the middle is also a little late. It's really just fractions, not a big problem, you're getting there.......;) Sweet song!
Thanks, I'll try to get something done with it before tomorrow, but with the Superbowl looming.... :rolleyes:

Heaps of hassles with the streamer so I'm in the process of downloading...
The Aicharrrh Allstars
Nifty harmonies - esp the high bits.
I'm happy with the way the solo begins - seems to have been constructed to come out from under.
The only thing I'd suggest is some defintion for the bass - it's fine enough when it's not right under the chugging guitar - but when they guitar & bass are in synch it seems to sink into the bottom end only.
Anexcellent result - congrats all round.
I really screwed up when I tracked the bass. I had a Zoom bass pedal that I wanted to try out. Ooops... :o

I can't retrack it, but I may get to in a couple months. I don't think I'd repost it, though...

The vocals are still a fraction late and the backings could be a little lower. I think Bob's solo in the middle is also a little late. It's really just fractions

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Other than the timing issues it sounded good. Nice job guys!

I tweaked it once more. I'll post it again later on today. Or tonight. Or tomorrow. Or... well, I'll post it soon.

Updated the mix. I think I got it right. If not, it never will be...

The link should be the same in the first post, if not:

GET IT HERE

Yep, you got it. But you know what? The lead's still not right. And now I know why: the little break up front and the solo were both "written" not improvised--and they had some fairly tight turnarounds--turnarounds that were done with the old drum track.

Greg's playing this with more swing than the old track (and that's good!) and his fills are of course different. So my lead breaks aren't coming in or turning on the drum line like they did when I tracked it.

I think this song is worth getting just as tight as possible--so when you've got a good enough connection, I'd love to have the track with Joey & Greg, but without me. Then I'll redo my part. But I also don't want to beat a dead horse--so it's your call!

The mix is very good in spite of my insecurities about my part. Great job!

I remember this song from the first time you put it up Rokket. Nice to hear this. The collab has some high quality performing and tracking. The drums sound to me like they're a touch ahead of the beat, but even with that it's good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back