DAW Users With ADD

Ten Years! :eek:

Everything I had read about it said it would progress through 3 stages (freezing, frozen, thawing), and that each stage could last 3-6 months. Mine went away after about 9-10 months, so I was never quite sure if the exercises fixed it, or it had just run it course.

I can't imagine dealing with it for ten years. :(
Actually, it was nearer 12 years when I do the maths.:eek: At one stage I remember having a frozen shoulder which as you know is worse at night; chronic back spasms and a hiatus hernia with acid reflux all at once. I felt so depressed with the pain, I actually thought dying would be a pleasant relief :eek::eek:.

And then I got better:D

I try to regulate my stress levels now; I try to be ambivalent even though my insides may be pumping fit to burst.:(

As I become more financially secure, this helps a great deal. Thats why I admire Guy's approach to debt and work. When you own your own place and have security of some money behind you, you don't tend to get so stressed with everything.

There is a saying that most people are only three pay checks away from losing our homes and insolvency. I fear that position more than anything else and that fear has driven me all my life.

I came from a housing scheme in the Midlands; saw my Mom and Dad strive to better themselves and so I started fighting for my future in the same way - perhaps with even more vigour. No way was I going to stay as a factory worker.

In my time I have been a labourer, a butchers boy, Industrial plant cleaner, a market stall greengrocers assisitant, barman, army cadet, engineering trainee, fireman, musician, sales support engineer, technical salesman, sales manager, sales director, managing director.

Along the way I have taken big risks and made some stupid mistakes.

Today I learnt that I am the preferred candidate for the job I went to Switzerland for. I am hoping that this comes off. The next week will be crucial. To have a paid job at this time would be wonderful.:)

Hasta la vista!:D

Oh no!
It's a crappy song!I've been struggling to get a good acoustic guitar sound,especially for an intimate guitar type song.This song is full of squeaks,creaks,mistakes and breathing but I think I'm getting closer to what I'm hearing in my head guitar wise.This song is too much for me vocally,I can't sing it the way I'm hearing it.

Oh yeah,it's totally gay too.:eek:

It's called unlucky at love.

http://cid-386b680508481b53.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?view=icons
I see you're making better use of the skydrive than I am... but, DUDE, a wave file? 40 MB! :eek:

Wouldn't a high quality MP3 have sufficed (unless your planning a collaboration)?

Anyway, I'm downloading it now. I let you know my thoughts this weekend (i.e., once the download finishes). :)

Hurting
Holy crap guys,you guys have had more medical problems than most guys I know and you sit behind desks!

What this Doctor wrote astounded me. He asked what possible cause could there be for an explosion of patients coming into his local practice complaining of these back related problems - had the human race suddenly developed a weakness after thousands of years of evolution?
It's called the blue collar lottery,lots of guys get extended vacations depending on how friendly the doc is and how good of an actor they are.
I can assure you the guys who have back problems at my job aren't faking,the insurance company doesn't pay for unneeded surgeries.:eek:The procedure the guys had involves cutting through the throat to access the neck because it's'safer:confused:.I know five guys who have scars on their throats.

There is a saying that most people are only three pay checks away from losing our homes and insolvency.
We had guys come into work the day we had 13" of snow just to get their paychecks.They don't even wait for the ink to dry before they cash them.

I went to a young couples home the other day.They were teachers had one child and another on the way.I was supposed to install an operator but as it turned out he really need a new door.He cried the blues about being fully extended and not being able to afford it.I would've felt sorry for him if it weren't for the fact it was a half a million dollar home*with two new cars in the driveway.Gee,I guess a three hundred thousand dollar home wouldn't quite do.
*$500,000 gets you a real nice home in Wisconsin,actually it can get you two nice homes.

I see you're making better use of the skydrive than I am... but, DUDE, a wave file? 40 MB!

Wouldn't a high quality MP3 have sufficed (unless your planning a collaboration)?
DUDE,you are so 90's with your empeethree files,come on it's almost the 10's!
Actually I didn't think it was a big deal,I thought everyone had high speed.:confused:I've downloaded files that were almost a gig several times.
I've been encoding my mp3s at 192 and that seems okay,I really wasn't hearing any improvement higher than that after casual listening.I will say that 128 is a joke.

Collaboration
We should,I don't know if you guys can fit it into your busy schedules.Just figure out what it is we're gonna do and make sure my part is easy.

Skydrive will enable us to use 24/44 files if we do things the right way,16/44 easy.No stinkin' empeethrees!

LATER!!!

DUDE,you are so 90's with your empeethree files,come on it's almost the 10's!
Actually I didn't think it was a big deal,I thought everyone had high speed.
I have DSL, but it's like the slowest speed they offer. :( (Of course, it's only $20/month as well. :D )

When I got my new GPS for Christmas I got a free download of the latest map software (US and Canada). I don't know how big the file was, but it took like 3 hours to download it... and another 30 - 45 minutes to transfer it to my GPS.

Holy crap guys,you guys have had more medical problems than most guys I know and you sit behind desks!
You want to hear about my latest one? For the past 3 days I have had something going on between my mouth and my nose. Its like somewhere up in the roof of my mouth, but almost up by the base of my sinus cavity. It sort of feels like a tooth abscess, but it's pretty high up for that (I think). It's a very strange sensation, although it's more discomforting than painful. I haven't a clue what it is. I keep hoping it will go away, but so far no go.

The good news is that even though it isn't getting better, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. If it isn't better in another day or two, I think I need to go see someone. But I'm not sure whether to see a doctor or a dentist. :confused:

BTW, how's your back doing?

Hurting
It's a given that REAL workers like you have genuine back issues from time to time.

Collaboration
We should,I don't know if you guys can fit it into your busy schedules.Just figure out what it is we're gonna do and make sure my part is easy.

Skydrive will enable us to use 24/44 files if we do things the right way,16/44 easy.No stinkin' empeethrees!
Bring it on! I'll do bass and triangle.:)

Oh no!
It's a crappy song!I've been struggling to get a good acoustic guitar sound,especially for an intimate guitar type song.This song is full of squeaks,creaks,mistakes and breathing but I think I'm getting closer to what I'm hearing in my head guitar wise.This song is too much for me vocally,I can't sing it the way I'm hearing it.

Oh yeah,it's totally gay too.:eek:

It's called unlucky at love.

http://cid-386b680508481b53.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?view=icons

The guitars sound great. Silky and intimate. Perfect for the song. The squeaks and finger noise are fine, and expected in a recording of this much intimacy. They're not distracting at all. Give us the recording particulars.

OTOH the vocals aren't of equal quality to the gits, and I'm not sure all the "lead" guitar notes work within the chords you're playing. :o

Also, I would work on adding more layers to this. Maybe bring some strings and/or other instruments in later in the song. Let it start out with just the vocal and rhythm acoustic, and then build from there.

If you want I can ask our singer (Joe) if he wants to take a crack at it. This would probably fit his voice pretty well. Unfortunately (fortunately for him, I guess) he is in Aruba until sometime in March.

Anyway, nice stuff.

Wow! I'm so proud of you, you NY STANKEE fan!!!!;):D:cool:

I thought that was you, Dual Q's. How you doin'? Surviving this financial meltdown?

You should move into the regulatory and enforcement end of the business. I suspect that will be the only growth area for awhile. Unfortunately, too little, too late. :( :(

I thought that was you, Dual Q's. How you doin'? Surviving this financial meltdown?

You should move into the regulatory and enforcement end of the business. I suspect that will be the only growth area for awhile. Unfortunately, too little, too late. :( :(

Yeah man it's me! Still tryin' to survive in this crappy-@ss biznizz!

Hey, you guys r lookin' REAL GOOD for '09!!! Great moves and signings!!!

Hey, you guys r lookin' REAL GOOD for '09!!! Great moves and signings!!!
I'm still wrapped up in my Giants, so I'm not quite ready for baseball yet. :D

Yanks should be better this year... but I've said that before. We'll see how it plays out on the field.

You guys gonna sign Manny? As big a pita as he is, you need a bat like that in your lineup. Tell Omar to go spend some money before his owners lose more to Madoff.

Quick question:

When did this infamous thread attain "sticky" status?

If we were to tell you, we would have to kill you.:)

So as you now know the answer, certain death will follow.:eek: Either that or you might feel a bit under the weather for a bit;)

And pay attention in future:p

:D

OTOH the vocals aren't of equal quality to the gits, and I'm not sure all the "lead" guitar notes work within the chords you're playing. :o
I recorded the song with the vocals and the bumper/head line and slapped on the lead as just a mish mash of licks just to get it done.I was pleased with the tonality and but you can rest assured I knew it could be better.;)I suppose I could've just copped the melody too.Sometimes the more time I spend on something the more I hate it.
Paul has suggested vocal lessons in the past and I've been seriously considering it.I have an idea how this song should sound but I fall miserably short of it.In my mind it was being sung by a sultry chick in a sequin dress in front of a piano at a swank club.
I'd be more than interested in hearing your friend sing this IF he thinks the song is worthy of his effort.I wasn't sure how you guys would take this song,it's from years ago and it's among a list of songs I've been wanting to dust off.If you wanted to do this I would re-record the rhythm as it's full of clams and the leads would be redone alsoperhaps by someone we know who plays guitar.

When it comes to playing leads or singing I have the same attitude.I can play leads all day long and have no fear of doing them,but I'm just not a very good lead player.Same for vocals.

Which brings me to.....
I'm on a mission
Well actually I've got a minor goal,I want to be able to make good acoustic recordings.It's hard to do.For pop song strumming with a full band I've got it down pat,play with authority and cut off the bottom end,simple.The hard part is getting that solo acoustic sound.I've been doing a lot of trial and error with different mics and positions and I've tracked quite a few different progressions and I'm pleased to say I'm making progress but still have a way to go.
I got a couple of MXL603s mics for $30 a piece,put one on the twelfth fret and one on the bridge about four to five inches away each.The mics were not matched and two different preamps were used.Of course my acoustic is a crappy Fender,maybe someday that will be addressed.:cool:

Also, I would work on adding more layers to this. Maybe bring some strings and/or other instruments in later in the song. Let it start out with just the vocal and rhythm acoustic, and then build from there.
I thought about putting in some swells with harmonica,it sounded kind of cool.If I were to do more instrumentation that would require me to do a lot of thinking because there's more than three chords in the song,my head might explode.

But thanks for listening to it guys,I promise my next song won't be as gay.:D

Yankees
The best team money can buy and baseball sucks because of it.There's either a hard cap or contraction in the future for baseball,things can't go on this way.

I hate the NBA because the officiating isn't qute as good as professional wrestling,although the playoffs are good sometimes.

LATER!!!

I'd be more than interested in hearing your friend sing this IF he thinks the song is worthy of his effort.

Joe's pretty easygoing, and I'm mostly sure he'd sing it if I asked him. However, I understand your perspective, so I will let him listen to it first and make his own decision as to whether he's interested. He has a very pleasant sounding voice and good tonality. He's a little range limited at times, but I don't think that's an issue with this song.

Of course, as already noted, that can't happen until March. :(

OTOH, if you're looking for someone in a long, black, sequined dress to sing it, I'll give it a try but I'll have to check my closet first. :D

Joe's pretty easygoing, and I'm mostly sure he'd sing it if I asked him. However, I understand your perspective, so I will let him listen to it first and make his own decision as to whether he's interested. He has a very pleasant sounding voice and good tonality. He's a little range limited at times, but I don't think that's an issue with this song.

Of course, as already noted, that can't happen until March. :(

OTOH, if you're looking for someone in a long, black, sequined dress to sing it, I'll give it a try but I'll have to check my closet first. :D
Maybe our Australian friend could help out?:D

Back