My Studio

Noisy like you know the whirring sound when you start it up. Kinda has a humming/whirring sound when it runs too. Always has. I can record it, but you gotta really crank er up to drown out the whir.

Well yeah...they all have a spinning motor that drives the tone wheels. Mine does it too, though it's not so loud that I have to crank the organ to mask it.
I can hear it when the organ is just idling...but when I'm playing it, the motor is not heard with the audio.

Are you keeping the organ oiled, which is needed for the tone wheels and also at the motor?
I usually oil mine once a year (you don't want to over do it)...but I remember once I missed the yearly period and it was like maybe a year and a half or more since last oiling...and when I turned it on, it was much noisier. So I had to get in there with a Q-tip and dab oil at multiple places on the tone wheels to get it back to normal.

Have you done any maintenance on it ever?

I have said it before but I will repeat- if I live to be 80 I'm going to start smoking again and have bacon for every meal and drink my liver to rebellion

:p

I've though about that...somewhere toward the end of the line, lighting up again (because it probably won't make much difference then, health-wise)...
...but then I think why after not smoking for 20-30-40 years, and absolutely NOT missing it at all (I have never had a craving or taken a puff on the sly), would I want to give in at the end and let the cigarettes have the final win.

AFA bacon...I eat that now, without any concern, since I know the "bacon/fat is bad for you" propaganda is nonsense. I mean in moderation, it's not going to clog your arteries or kill you. My cholesterol has never been better, normal, and I stopped eating margarine, and switched back to real butter, and I eat eggs multiple times per week, and love my bacon too.

The real killer are the simple carbs...sugars that are overloaded in a LOT of the foods people eat every day.

Anyway...congrats on the 30+ years...and I don't mean to turn this into a healthy lifestyles thread. I was more interested in the Hammond organ discussion. :)

I don't mean to turn this into a healthy lifestyles thread.

Ah, but it IS about healthy lifestyles. :D

A studio in the home has ultimate health benefits.
Look at how many people have their stupid job, and then they come home, eat, and look forward to spending the rest of the evening in the favorite chair watching TV. And I've known of so many that add alcohol to that mix.

Having a studio is a creative revitalization of a person. It reduces stress, lowers blood pressure. And I don't know about you all, but for me, when I nail a guitar part it releases endorphins. :D

Sounds like a healthy lifestyle to me.

I think it's cool to see home studios, not sure if this is the right thread for this?

Here's my studio. It's a 10x10 room in my basement. Adding the acoustic treatment to the walls was the best decision I ever made. I primarily record only myself and acoustic instruments, plus vocals. Electric guitar and bass are usually direct and keys are typically done via midi. For my drums I use SD3.

View attachment 103885 View attachment 103884
View attachment 103887 View attachment 103886
I was curious about your panels. the covering too. Can't tell if it's just fabric or maybe something textured?

Miro said:

...I have LUSTED after a Leslie cab to marry up with my L-103...and have looked and looked, but most times, the right Leslie that is not crazy pricey and fairly local so I can go pick it up...just never materialized.

Can you tell me exactly what you needed (cables/adapters) for marrying the 103 to the 145?
If I recall...is the 145 just a drum Leslie...or does it also have the horns?
Also...are you able to incorporate the speed switches and anything else with the 103 & 145...?

I'm sure just using a Leslie straight at one speed, is WAY cooler than the on-board Vibrato/Chorus of the 103...but the thing about a Leslie that always gets me in the knees, is when you can also do that ramp up/down with the speeds...etc....but I fear that for that, you need to big boy Hammonds, and the full-tilt Leslie with all the trimmings.

magoo comment:

I know, not the right way to reply with quote but gets it done. I am going to attempt to load some pics here so hopefully that will work and they might be right side up?

First, the Leslie 145 is the shorty version of the 147. It has a 15" woofer firing downward into the drum for the low tones, AND a high frequency driver firing upward into the spinning horns. One side of the horn is blocked and no sound comes through that side. It is just there for balance. The 145 is a dual speed Leslie. When turned on, it spins at the low speed (Chorale) and a switch on the organ allows you to switch to high speed (Tremelo), and back. There are ways to have an off position so no spinning, but most just leave it spinning slow, then switch to fast. You can add a "brake" which makes it go slow immediately, but I like the coast-down sound best.

There is a Leslie (kit) to make the connections. The 145 Leslie has a 40 Watt tube amp built into it and it's very powerful. You need to use a kit as the Leslie motors and amp get the 120V power directly from the organ. The Leslie connects to the organ through a 6-conductor cable which also carries the speed switching conductors. There are variose kits for various Leslies, so just have to get the right one for the Leslie model you find / desire. If the Leslie you find doesn't come with a kit, you can find them on E-Bay and other sources.

My organ was built 1962 and Leslie is 1963. You can go online and use serial numbers, capacitor and speaker date codes to figure out year of manufacturer.

Repeating to the OP, please make sure you use real Hammond oil to oil the tone generator and motor. Only needs oiling one time per year. Other oils can clog and cause other problems. Your whiring noise is normal, but you may be getting additional noise from the tone generator if not properly oiled. A 60 cycle hum is also common, usually attributable to old electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and amps that may need to be replaced. The thing is likely at least 50 years old and those electrolytics go bad.
Please take a look at the power cord. At the age of these units they may be crumbling and very dangerous if not changed. Also, if it hasn't been done yet, replace the motor run capacitor. These things are loaded with pcb's and can explode without warning making a real mess. This is very important and inexpensive and easy to do so please do not put it off. It just makes sense to change this cap. A generator running slow or fast or up and down in speed may indicate this cap needs changing immediately, but why wait for it. Just DO IT NOW. Could be very dangerous to not replace this one motor cap.

NOTE! There are extremely high voltages associated with the electronics in these organs. Capacitors need to be discharged, CATION, CAUTION, CAUTION when working on ANYTHING with the amps and power supplied exposed!!!! CAUTION. If you aren't comfortable back there, get someone who knows what they are doing with tube amplifiers to help you!!!!!!!!!

Back to Miro, yes, you can get dual speed Leslie and switching at the organ even on the humble spinets like the M3, M2, M100 and L100 series organs. It is all governed by the Leslie model you choose.

Now, here are some pics...maybe...

These pics are from BEFORE clean-up. Taken on the day I brought it home. All tidy and clean now and sounding great. You will see that motor run cap I was talking about in a couple pics, right in front of the motor on left side of organ as viewed from the back. Two wires, easy access and Critcal to get changed out if never done before.

Enjoy...

Attachments

• 094.JPG
    094.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 095.JPG
    095.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 096.JPG
    096.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 097.JPG
    097.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 098.JPG
    098.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 099.JPG
    099.JPG
  • 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 101.JPG
    101.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 106.JPG
    106.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 107.JPG
    107.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 108.JPG
    108.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 109.JPG
    109.JPG
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
  • 133.JPG
    133.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 134.JPG
    134.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 135.JPG
    135.JPG
  • 136.JPG
    136.JPG
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 138.JPG
    138.JPG
  • 139.JPG
    139.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 142.JPG
    142.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 143.JPG
    143.JPG
  • 144.JPG
    144.JPG
    920.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 146.JPG
    146.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 147.JPG
    147.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 148.JPG
    148.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 149.JPG
    149.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 150.JPG
    150.JPG
  • 151.JPG
    151.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Thanks....you just raised my Leslie lust by 100%!!! :D
I'll have to get back to looking for a local-ish Leslie and see if something comes up.

That replacement motor cap...did you score that at some specialty vintage electronics shop...or are they pretty easy to find?

My L-103 is from 1965...was a one-owner that belonged to a college professor. It was low-use, and he maintained it very well, with a yearly visit from an organ tech...so when I got it, it was in great running shape, and I didn't have to do anything to it. I scored it for $200...and a work friend and I then had to carry from a second floor room, down a spiraling staircase, and lift up into the back of a pick-up truck. A bit of a struggle, but we made it happen.

Since getting it, I swapped out the Percussion preamp, though the original might just have a bad tube, but I had spare Perc and Vib preamps, so it was simple to just swap it. Other than that, I just keep it oiled yearly, and it's been running great. Maybe that motor cap was tended to at some point by the professor's organ tech...but it's an easy thing to swap out, I'll just have to find a new one.

I was curious about your panels. the covering too. Can't tell if it's just fabric or maybe something textured?

I built them with Owen's Corning 705 built wood frames around them and covered them with fabric. I can put a link to the plans at a later time if you like. They were a game changer for my room.

Miro said:

...I have LUSTED after a Leslie cab to marry up with my L-103...and have looked and looked, but most times, the right Leslie that is not crazy pricey and fairly local so I can go pick it up...just never materialized.

Can you tell me exactly what you needed (cables/adapters) for marrying the 103 to the 145?
If I recall...is the 145 just a drum Leslie...or does it also have the horns?
Also...are you able to incorporate the speed switches and anything else with the 103 & 145...?

I'm sure just using a Leslie straight at one speed, is WAY cooler than the on-board Vibrato/Chorus of the 103...but the thing about a Leslie that always gets me in the knees, is when you can also do that ramp up/down with the speeds...etc....but I fear that for that, you need to big boy Hammonds, and the full-tilt Leslie with all the trimmings.

magoo comment:

I know, not the right way to reply with quote but gets it done. I am going to attempt to load some pics here so hopefully that will work and they might be right side up?

First, the Leslie 145 is the shorty version of the 147. It has a 15" woofer firing downward into the drum for the low tones, AND a high frequency driver firing upward into the spinning horns. One side of the horn is blocked and no sound comes through that side. It is just there for balance. The 145 is a dual speed Leslie. When turned on, it spins at the low speed (Chorale) and a switch on the organ allows you to switch to high speed (Tremelo), and back. There are ways to have an off position so no spinning, but most just leave it spinning slow, then switch to fast. You can add a "brake" which makes it go slow immediately, but I like the coast-down sound best.

There is a Leslie (kit) to make the connections. The 145 Leslie has a 40 Watt tube amp built into it and it's very powerful. You need to use a kit as the Leslie motors and amp get the 120V power directly from the organ. The Leslie connects to the organ through a 6-conductor cable which also carries the speed switching conductors. There are variose kits for various Leslies, so just have to get the right one for the Leslie model you find / desire. If the Leslie you find doesn't come with a kit, you can find them on E-Bay and other sources.

My organ was built 1962 and Leslie is 1963. You can go online and use serial numbers, capacitor and speaker date codes to figure out year of manufacturer.

Repeating to the OP, please make sure you use real Hammond oil to oil the tone generator and motor. Only needs oiling one time per year. Other oils can clog and cause other problems. Your whiring noise is normal, but you may be getting additional noise from the tone generator if not properly oiled. A 60 cycle hum is also common, usually attributable to old electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and amps that may need to be replaced. The thing is likely at least 50 years old and those electrolytics go bad.
Please take a look at the power cord. At the age of these units they may be crumbling and very dangerous if not changed. Also, if it hasn't been done yet, replace the motor run capacitor. These things are loaded with pcb's and can explode without warning making a real mess. This is very important and inexpensive and easy to do so please do not put it off. It just makes sense to change this cap. A generator running slow or fast or up and down in speed may indicate this cap needs changing immediately, but why wait for it. Just DO IT NOW. Could be very dangerous to not replace this one motor cap.

NOTE! There are extremely high voltages associated with the electronics in these organs. Capacitors need to be discharged, CATION, CAUTION, CAUTION when working on ANYTHING with the amps and power supplied exposed!!!! CAUTION. If you aren't comfortable back there, get someone who knows what they are doing with tube amplifiers to help you!!!!!!!!!

Back to Miro, yes, you can get dual speed Leslie and switching at the organ even on the humble spinets like the M3, M2, M100 and L100 series organs. It is all governed by the Leslie model you choose.

Now, here are some pics...maybe...

These pics are from BEFORE clean-up. Taken on the day I brought it home. All tidy and clean now and sounding great. You will see that motor run cap I was talking about in a couple pics, right in front of the motor on left side of organ as viewed from the back. Two wires, easy access and Critcal to get changed out if never done before.

Enjoy...

You can get the motor capacitor from many sources but Tone Wheel General Hospital is where I got mine They have just about anything you would need for restoring or just servicing your Hammond. Beware, it is a very addictive time comsuming hobby when you get to digging g into these things but sooo worth it.. I looked again as the back is off of my organ and it is 3 wires for the cap but a piece of cake. It you go to Organforums.com there is a Hammond section and tons of good advice and just interesting material there. The guys there are very helpful. And can point you to solutions for many common problems. Just search for Tone Wheel General Hospital and check out the organ forum and those people can fix about any problem you may have.
I am really glad to hear you are going to replace the run motor cap! You will save yourself a lot of potential trouble.
Good luck h with your equipment. I know that you have the experience wiith electronic gear to be successful at whatever needs be done.
If you want to get some growl out of that L100 before you get your Leslie, a simple line out can be had at the expression pedal output. It is an rca cable and a simple rca to 1/4" phone plug will let you plug into any guitar pedal, then on to a nice tube amp, or other, and you can crank it to get a serious Jon Lord thing going on! Plugging in this way you will not get the organs reverb, but of course that is available on your guitar amp.I used an old cheap DOD chorus pedal for this and it worked great! The chorus was effective enough to get a half assed Leslie simulation, and cranked into a tube amp the sound is awesome!

Don't want to hijack this guy's thread so once you get into it just PM me with any questions. I haven't the knowledge of the organ forum guys, and I am a Hammond noob myself, but might clear up some simple stuff for you.

Have fun!!

Thanks....you just raised my Leslie lust by 100%!!! :D
I'll have to get back to looking for a local-ish Leslie and see if something comes up.

That replacement motor cap...did you score that at some specialty vintage electronics shop...or are they pretty easy to find?

My L-103 is from 1965...was a one-owner that belonged to a college professor. It was low-use, and he maintained it very well, with a yearly visit from an organ tech...so when I got it, it was in great running shape, and I didn't have to do anything to it. I scored it for $200...and a work friend and I then had to carry from a second floor room, down a spiraling staircase, and lift up into the back of a pick-up truck. A bit of a struggle, but we made it happen.

Since getting it, I swapped out the Percussion preamp, though the original might just have a bad tube, but I had spare Perc and Vib preamps, so it was simple to just swap it. Other than that, I just keep it oiled yearly, and it's been running great. Maybe that motor cap was tended to at some point by the professor's organ tech...but it's an easy thing to swap out, I'll just have to find a new one.

Sorry. I'm a dumb fuck. Just replied to my own post. Go look if you want in this thread and you will see my reply...jeesh, what a dipshit I are!

I built them with Owen's Corning 705 built wood frames around them and covered them with fabric. I can put a link to the plans at a later time if you like. They were a game changer for my room.

Cool thanks. Similar here, standalone panels.

You can get the motor capacitor from many sources but Tone Wheel General Hospital is where I got mine They have just about anything you would need for restoring or just servicing your Hammond. Beware, it is a very addictive time comsuming hobby when you get to digging g into these things but sooo worth it.. I looked again as the back is off of my organ and it is 3 wires for the cap but a piece of cake. It you go to Organforums.com there is a Hammond section and tons of good advice and just interesting material there. The guys there are very helpful. And can point you to solutions for many common problems. Just search for Tone Wheel General Hospital and check out the organ forum and those people can fix about any problem you may have.
I am really glad to hear you are going to replace the run motor cap! You will save yourself a lot of potential trouble.
Good luck h with your equipment. I know that you have the experience wiith electronic gear to be successful at whatever needs be done.
If you want to get some growl out of that L100 before you get your Leslie, a simple line out can be had at the expression pedal output. It is an rca cable and a simple rca to 1/4" phone plug will let you plug into any guitar pedal, then on to a nice tube amp, or other, and you can crank it to get a serious Jon Lord thing going on! Plugging in this way you will not get the organs reverb, but of course that is available on your guitar amp.I used an old cheap DOD chorus pedal for this and it worked great! The chorus was effective enough to get a half assed Leslie simulation, and cranked into a tube amp the sound is awesome!

Don't want to hijack this guy's thread so once you get into it just PM me with any questions. I haven't the knowledge of the organ forum guys, and I am a Hammond noob myself, but might clear up some simple stuff for you.

Have fun!!

Yeah...no problem with working on electronics...been doing for years.
I've done some basic overhauling on the Hammond since I got it, but generally it has not needed much because it was in such great shape when I got it.
Mostly though, without the Leslie, I've not wanted to get into a lot of deep mods...but I have found ways (the line out option was one) to get more out of the L-103. Most recently I've used a guitar attenuator with a line out...but another cool way was to use my Radial JDX box and a Line to guitar level conversion, and than plug that into a Pigtronix Rototron Leslie simulator....but nothing will be the same as a real Leslie.

You can get the motor capacitor from many sources but Tone Wheel General Hospital is where I got mine They have just about anything you would need for restoring or just servicing your Hammond. Beware, it is a very addictive time comsuming hobby when you get to digging g into these things but sooo worth it.. I looked again as the back is off of my organ and it is 3 wires for the cap but a piece of cake.

I just ordered a new run capacitor, but I ended up getting it from BB Organs, only because they accept PayPal, the Tone Wheel General Hospital doesn't.
Anyway...same capacitor at both places...but one thing I'm puzzled by...the original caps are 3-wire...but when I look at these new ones, I only see basically two connection points on the new cap, so where's the 3rd wire going...?...or do each of those legs offer an isolated connection point...?
(I'm sure it's going to be obvious once I get it and open the back of the organ. :D)
I guess I'm basically thinking there would be just a positive and negative, like most caps...so what's the third wire...back to the switch?

run_capacitor_l100_1024x1024.jpeg

{EDIT}

Never mind.
I got my lazy ass up and decided to look in my L-100 service manual with schematics....DUH!...and I see that the Red and Yellow wires connect together at the capacitor, and then the red goes to the motor (black too) and the yellow goes back to the power terminal and the power switch, like I suspected. :)

Looks like about 20-30 minutes worth of work to de-solder the wires, remove the old cap, and drop in the new one.

Last edited:
I just ordered a new run capacitor, but I ended up getting it from BB Organs, only because they accept PayPal, the Tone Wheel General Hospital doesn't.
Anyway...same capacitor at both places...but one thing I'm puzzled by...the original caps are 3-wire...but when I look at these new ones, I only see basically two connection points on the new cap, so where's the 3rd wire going...?...or do each of those legs offer an isolated connection point...?
(I'm sure it's going to be obvious once I get it and open the back of the organ. :D)
I guess I'm basically thinking there would be just a positive and negative, like most caps...so what's the third wire...back to the switch?

View attachment 103938

{EDIT}

Never mind.
I got my lazy ass up and decided to look in my L-100 service manual with schematics....DUH!...and I see that the Red and Yellow wires connect together at the capacitor, and then the red goes to the motor (black too) and the yellow goes back to the power terminal and the power switch, like I suspected. :)

Looks like about 20-30 minutes worth of work to de-solder the wires, remove the old cap, and drop in the new one.

Yep, Easy Peasy. I used spade connectors instead of soldering on the cap. If I remember right they were 1/4" spade connectors (Insulated female disconnect connectors). anyway, you know what I'm talking about.

Have fun!

Have fun!

Hey...just wanted to let you know I scored a Leslie 145! :cool:

I wasn't even looking for one.
There was a guy closing down his studio not too far from me and selling everything...and he had some mics and rack gear I wanted to check out, so I went.
As we walked around, I noticed a Hammond (not sure which one, but looked similar to my L-series)...and he then goes and points to one of his booths and there was the Leslie, and he was selling that too, and I didn't need to also buy the Hammond to get the Leslie. :D

It came with a Leslie Combo Preamp footswitch pedal, and a long 6-pin cable. So it was all set up for instrument level signal...and/or I could get the kit for my L-series, but I am already able to get instrument level from the L.
Anyway...works great. I just finished doing a full cleaning overhaul and replaced the belts, motor O-rings and the cloth shroud that goes over the lower rotor.

I'll post back with more info...and some pics...but just wanted to let you know I finally have a Leslie to go with my Hammond.

woah, cool thread. I've been watching my local CL and Reverb, waiting for the right Leslie as well. I didn't know about the kits that allow you to get the various speed. I was under the impression that was B-3 territory only. I passed over L100s and L103s for years.

Back in the '70s, I had discovered ABB, and my aunt had a Hammond B-3 and a Leslie. I asked my dad if she still had them.

2 weeks before I asked, she PAID a couple of guys 20 dollars to take her '50s B-3 and Leslie away, they were in pristine condition. I was >< that close.

woah, cool thread. I've been watching my local CL and Reverb, waiting for the right Leslie as well. I didn't know about the kits that allow you to get the various speed. I was under the impression that was B-3 territory only. I passed over L100s and L103s for years.

Back in the '70s, I had discovered ABB, and my aunt had a Hammond B-3 and a Leslie. I asked my dad if she still had them.

2 weeks before I asked, she PAID a couple of guys 20 dollars to take her '50s B-3 and Leslie away, they were in pristine condition. I was >< that close.

There are kits for pretty much all of the Hammond organs and Leslie cabs...though not all Leslie cabs have dual rotors or dual speeds.
The 145 I got has them...and even without the organ kits, I can select the slow/fast speeds using the Leslie Combo Preamp...but the kits allow you to have that control at the organ.

Right now I can just plug my guitar directly into the Combo Preamp, and it's no different than using a regular guitar tube amp...except I have the Leslie spinning rotors effect. It sound really sweet with guitar....but I will be trying it with my Hammond next. :cool:

There are some great "Leslie" guitar pedal out there...making the need for a real Leslie cab not necessary, but nothing sounds exactly like a true spinning rotors cab...plus, if you have a Hammond organ, it's pretty much expected that you also have a Leslie cab to go with it. They just go together. :)

We kinda hijacked this thread... :D ...but there's good info in it about Leslies, so might as well keep it going here.

my aunt had a Hammond B-3 and a Leslie. I asked my dad if she still had them.2 weeks before I asked, she PAID a couple of guys 20 dollars to take her '50s B-3 and Leslie away, they were in pristine condition. I was >< that close.

GGGGGAAAARRRRGGGGHHH !!
That was a seriously empathetic wail for you, man.

Not preaching here...but it's been now 23 years since quitting, and it was one of the best choices I ever made.
Prior to when I quit in '95, I was never a heavy smoker.....but I'd smoke anything that could catch alight !

I used to have a Hammond and a Leslie. If you looked through the vent holes in the side, you could see what looked like a LP turning around. It had a great sound and you could adjust it. I did loads on that Hammond between 1993 and the end of 2001 when I had to sell it :eek:. Towards the end though, the Leslie effect stopped working. It was a shame to have to sell it but a few years later I discovered the B4 VSTi which is mega~tweakable and a worthy fake and there's also a glorious organ sound on the M-TRON mellotron VSTi for those that like that dirty organ sound. The one in the pictures above looks like the one I had but the front legs were actually metal.
Funnily enough, I still have the seat from the Hammond !

Noisy like you know the whirring sound when you start it up. Kinda has a humming/whirring sound when it runs too. Always has. I can record it, but you gotta really crank er up to drown out the whir.
Mine never had the humming whirring sound once it was running, but it did as it started up. If you held down a note or chord when it was switched off then turned it on, there was this absolutely great sound, almost like a bent note or chord. It sounded like an otherworldly wheeze before the chord or note then became clear. I used to have this great trick where if I wanted a chord or note to be Über dramatic, I'd just switch off the organ and restart it with the chord held down. It sounded great but I only did it a couple of times as I didn't want it to become a common boring effect. I also used the bass pedals a couple of times to create a "bass guitar" part. One sounded fantastic but on the other piece, I got overly ambitious and created the bass part using a bass guitar, double bass, the Hammond bass pedals and the lower two strings of an acoustic 6 and 12 string. They all came at different points and it was a nightmare to mix !

Hey...just wanted to let you know I scored a Leslie 145! :cool:

I wasn't even looking for one.
There was a guy closing down his studio not too far from me and selling everything...and he had some mics and rack gear I wanted to check out, so I went.
As we walked around, I noticed a Hammond (not sure which one, but looked similar to my L-series)...and he then goes and points to one of his booths and there was the Leslie, and he was selling that too, and I didn't need to also buy the Hammond to get the Leslie. :D

It came with a Leslie Combo Preamp footswitch pedal, and a long 6-pin cable. So it was all set up for instrument level signal...and/or I could get the kit for my L-series, but I am already able to get instrument level from the L.
Anyway...works great. I just finished doing a full cleaning overhaul and replaced the belts, motor O-rings and the cloth shroud that goes over the lower rotor.

I'll post back with more info...and some pics...but just wanted to let you know I finally have a Leslie to go with my Hammond.

Great news! Congrats! Sounds like you did a better overhaul on yours with the new scrim cloth for the rotating drum and all!

I have neglected to do much more cleaning and maintenance on my Leslie 145, but it just keeps sounding better all the time. I should really dig back into it to keep it up. Haven't been playing it much lately, but when I do, I just love it!

Congrats again Miro! You're gonna love the Leslie.

JB

Back