HR Members guitar design and build thread

I'm off to find some pics for inspiration and discussion. Not all necessarily my thing but to get the chat going.

I don't think you would be amiss if you were to help by narrowing the selection of style. There are sooo many options that if it were up for a vote, each option would have one vote. kind of like the song contest. If you find pics that you think are interesting, put up 4 or 5 different styles and we can vote on them as a general direction. Personally, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Is it too soon to talk about choice of wood, edges or finishes?

Edit: Oops, looks like you did while I was posting. :o

For some strange reason I've always had a soft spot for this Jackson.......... Anyway enough of me I'll leave it to you lot to decide..

Attachments

• jacksonsurfcaster.jpg
    jacksonsurfcaster.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 22
I don't think you would be amiss if you were to help by narrowing the selection of style. There are sooo many options that if it were up for a vote, each option would have one vote. kind of like the song contest. If you find pics that you think are interesting, put up 4 or 5 different styles and we can vote on them as a general direction. Personally, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Is it too soon to talk about choice of wood, edges or finishes?

Thats the whole point though I want to lead as little as possible. I want you guys to chew it over. Just ask yourself if some one was going to build you your dream neck thru electric what would it be. If you want traditional or off the wall describe it we'll chuck it around until we all have some thing we think is cool.. If we end up a with a few options of style and type we can vote on that. As it is we have kind of drifted in surf style there's no reason we have to stay there. Lets come up with a few options for style and type then we can vote and get back to specifics.

When we've done that I'll get back to the voting on wood, fitting etc..

here ya' go ...........

I like the concept, but there are a few things I don't like
-it looks like a scaled-down guitar, which I'm not a fan of. the body is just a little too small
-access to the upper frets looks like it might be compromised, with the top of the body coming up six full frets
-the headstock is goofy, and has six in a line tuners. I prefer three per side

I like the concept, but there are a few things I don't like
-it looks like a scaled-down guitar, which I'm not a fan of. the body is just a little too small
-access to the upper frets looks like it might be compromised, with the top of the body coming up six full frets
-the headstock is goofy, and has six in a line tuners. I prefer three per side

Both the Jackson and the Jetsream have 16 fret body join. That could be increased
Both are the same size.
Headstock can be changed no problem In fact I'd insist on it.:)

Back