Should I Get A SM7b Or A RE20?

I was only addressing the subject of the bass and the negation of the proximity effect. Who cares how many people prefer the RE20 over the 27? It's personal preference. I use 320's in the radio station I work at. No problems at all.

put up or shut up. post some audio clips. the days of "the mic is supposed to sound like crap out of the box" have been over for a long time. i used the re320 for several months using it for long segments of recording. yes i got it to work no it wasn't perfect and no i didnt enjoy it. at some point i was actually convincing myself that i liked its defects because it made it unique, LOL. God I wish I could use condensers in my environment. I like the re20 i got best. itsn ot perfect and i havent used it long enough but from the mics i do know the re320 is one of the worst ive ever used. its all jacked up all over the place. handhelds like a nd767a or e935 id use over that thing. i dont even consider it a broadcasting mic the thing is a complete mess with features that have nothing to do with broadcasting.

put up or shut up.

Nice manners.

post some audio clips.

Tell you what, listen to the show. Type in WEHC 90.7 in Google. Any talking you hear is a 320.

Why does it have nothing to do with broadcasting? All you are doing is slandering the 320.

Here is the 320 and 20, side by side. The RE20 is in blue. The 320 in red and green.

Re320vsRe20.png

The noticeable difference between the 320 and 20 is the 6db difference around 5kHz. It should sound more hyped in the high end. If you see, the difference in bass never passes 3dbs. And the whole bass thing should be negated by the extra dbs across the entire spectrum. Not only is the overall mic louder, but it should be a more treble heavy mic. You can see the response on the 20, and see how each end is relatively the same height (+/- 1db). Not the same for the 320. Seems the the 5kHz is 5dbs higher than the peak of bass, which is 90Hz for green and about 190Hz for the red.

So, what am I missing here?

put up or shut up. post some audio clips. the days of "the mic is supposed to sound like crap out of the box" have been over for a long time. i used the re320 for several months using it for long segments of recording. yes i got it to work no it wasn't perfect and no i didnt enjoy it. at some point i was actually convincing myself that i liked its defects because it made it unique, LOL. God I wish I could use condensers in my environment. I like the re20 i got best. itsn ot perfect and i havent used it long enough but from the mics i do know the re320 is one of the worst ive ever used. its all jacked up all over the place. handhelds like a nd767a or e935 id use over that thing. i dont even consider it a broadcasting mic the thing is a complete mess with features that have nothing to do with broadcasting.

:facepalm:

Some people never learn. To try to fix this problem, they often blame the gear instead of the one behind the gear. This is shown when these people attempt to buy new gear, only to claim that it doesn't work well either. :laughings: I like how you claim the re320 has tons of issues (like you are a omniscient mic god or something) but yet most of these "issues" can be rectified by the simplest solutions that even newbies know, like a HPF.

I have no problem posting a clip. Things are quite busy this weekend with some band practices, but I might be able to get to it tonight!

If the 767 is that good, why didn't you just keep it?
You seem to be comparing every mic to it, like it's a benchmark.

Stewart, thanks for the info. :)

Nice manners.

Tell you what, listen to the show. Type in WEHC 90.7 in Google. Any talking you hear is a 320.

i listened to the station. i noticed it start to sound crappy after a minute or so. Not impressed. Only the females could hide its fail. all three people are not using the same mic setup. youre dumb.

i listened to the station. i noticed it start to sound crappy after a minute or so. Not impressed. Only the females could hide its fail. all three people are not using the same mic setup. youre dumb.

You posted your response at a time where we feed radio that isn't ours. You didn't listen to our station, you most likely listened to NPR. We have our material broadcasting from 12 P.M. to 12 A.M.

They use Neumman U87's.... And you insult those mics because of your mental fixation. You're already biased and now you can't listen objectively.

And I want you to respond to my post on the frequency response of the RE320, as it is not what you described.

Did you just call Crows dumb? Watch it buddy, I'm watching 'you' close now. :)

Back