Votes: 250 39.0%
  • 1gb

Votes: 233 36.3%
  • 2gb

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • 3-4gb!?

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
512 mega PC133 sdram, I hope I can afford a mobo upgrade by the end of the year, so I can go crazy with VST plugins and instruments.....

2GB Mushkin Level 2 (4x512mb) @ 880 FSB 2-3-2-7 dual channel

I run Gigastudio, Kontakt, and/or virtual instruments (ROMplers) with some large libraries at times. My puter rocks.

Last edited:
1 gig of DDR 3200. My board will take 3 gigs, but only has 2 slots or I would be running more. Has anyone priced a 1 gig chip? Ouch!

1 gb is fine

I personally dont see the difference between 512 and 1024 mb except the simple math involved....the response in xp professional has been good overall...but so far in cubase i havent got any better responses except out of my softsynths...no cracks now but i cant tell if thats not from the new xp 2700 333 chip i put in.

My next move is to find a daw that uses the least cpu and gives great results ive tried the powertracks demo but i couldnt even get the damn thing to work...Plus I record 32 bit floating point...so its no go to import a project for mixing.

Any suggestions?

Well i am about to order a EMU 0404 to function as my dsp card and input card so maybe some of my rendering time will drop...from 3 and a half minutes to closer to a minute...thats if i use the fx only on the emu card...they sound pretty good to me...but then again im sure ill get flamed for that one.

Peace
Illumination

BTW Im running 1 gb PC2700 dual channel...pretty soon im gonna get a 1 gb chip to go in the 3rd slot...so 2 gb pc 2700 ram dual channel...oooh monstrous!

BTW does anyone know if 2000 professional or NT or Server makes better use of your ram??? Does 2000 run any faster?

i heard lots of people say that 1 GIG is real good to be safe,
and one slot of Ramm operates better than Two slots of lets say 2*512

now i'd like to buy new DDR ram, and it seems to be difficult to find DDR ram of 1 GIG ! its like we don't have much choice;.. i guess it will just be two times 512 MB i guess

or can anyone suggest me a nice brand that has 1 GIG of ddr ram ?

312Mb. Funny number, but that's the truth. Maybe some of it is damaged...

Anyway, it does me fine as I'm mainly using hardware synths and the odd bit of audio in Cubase.

I'm still using 98SE and I found that the MS-DOS window wouldn't work if there was more than 512MB in RAM.

I still use the occaisional DOS app. Kind of old fashioned I guess. ;)

ahaha 2 gigs DDR400....wow i feel special

(then again im also using3.0ghz pentium 4)

shooting a mouse with an H-Bomb :D :D :D

it gets the job done :p

I just upgraded my system about a month ago. Here's the stats:

P4(Northwood) 2.8G Overclocked stable at 3.42G
1Gig OCZ PC3200 (DDR400) Overclocked to a 976 MHz datarate
2x120 Gig Maxtor SATA RAID 0 (for a total of 240 Gig Storage)
It's all on an Abit IC7-MAX3 Mobo. My advice: GET ONE! Just don't use the onboard audio. :D

I've still got a few things to do to it like a better video card and some Western Digital Raptor HDs. I have a Vantec Stealth 470w power supply, but it's fricking loud. really nice, but loud. Anyone have any suggestions on a quiet power supply?

I have a 92mm fan on my CPU, and a 120mm case fan, and my HDs are rubber isolated from the case, so all in all it's very quiet when the PS fans aren't running.

Last edited:
Back