Votes: 250 39.0%
  • 1gb

Votes: 233 36.3%
  • 2gb

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • 3-4gb!?

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
hi,i just have a 128mb ram 1000mhz.it seem that i need more rams can somebody tell me why?i didnt start recording yet so i dont really know.i want to record songs that i wrote its just 2 guitars, vocals, (bass midi and drum machine)do i need more rams for that?

For the same reason you don't want to tow a yacht with a Volkswagen. :)

When you start recording and mixing, you're going to see how much work it is for your computer.

Who knows... maybe your system can deal with it...

P4 1.8 w/ 384mb pc800. I've never had any issues with cool edit pro....had up to 30 tracks (not simultaneously lol) no stutters so I'm not worried. I am upgrading though for serious processor killers like LOMAC.

i just upgraded from 1gb of PC2100 in dual-channel mode to 1gb PC3200 in dual channel mode, and i've noticed that n-track stutters a lot less ... adjusting the buffers will help. muchly.

I was using about 192MB and could only work in 16 bit, maxing out after a handful of tracks. It was a mess. I just ordered stuff to build a new DAW. I'm using Corsair 1G RAM and an AMD 64 3000+ CPU. I don't think it comes with neon lights, though. :D

Nope

DeadPoet said:
Sales trick. They say their 1,8Ghz performs like an intel 2,5Ghz so they call it the 2,5Ghz+ cpu, otherwise people think it's a slow cpu (compared to intel) ...

Their PR ratings as they are called are quite fair. Not mentioning the sempron ones.

AMD CPU are in fact well known for their efficiency (=more efficient @ less cycles) and being better at flaoating point calculations, a bit like intel centrino's. The first P4's where beaten by P3. The only way make up for lack of efficiency was to boost clock freq.

Do your homework and a search for ex at the cakewalk forums, they have a very comprehensive test / thread where everybody posts their results with their config. AMD (64) and INTEL CENTRINO win all the way, not P4. Or read CT magazine.

AMD beats the shit out of INTEL nowadays.

Hugo

www.pego.be

256 MB. Works for me.

But I'm thinking about building a new machine...

Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!!!

ahh theres not an option for mine!

im useing my pc for midi synth, Ive got 384 mb, and I think my pc will handel 768

256 DDR2 but eyeing up a pair of matched Corsair XMS4000 Pro TwinX... I'm stuck between 2x512-dual-channel-goodness and single-strip-1GB-upgradeability though.

Back