• 1gb

Votes: 233 36.3%
  • 2gb

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • 3-4gb!?

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
etnoziroh said:
I guess it's safe to say don't use Drumkit from Hell or any RAM intensive plugins.

Well, maybe that's the reason for me...the only plug in's I ever use are basic ones like reverb, delay, compression, limiting, and hmm, well that's about it. I record all live music, so no MIDI or anything either...maybe that's why I use so little resources?

So, perhaps the higher RAM would be needed for special plug ins that are more memory demanding? Seems like for heavy metal or rock type recording might not be needed.
Heavily sequenced music might require it though.

OK thanks

firby said:
4 gigs of ram. Loving it. I have ram that runs programs, ram that caches the disk ram that holds data and even more ram that just sits in that huge box and says "pick me, pick me, me me me me!". You can never have too much damn ram got it ? If you have enough ram chips to threaten your health when dropped on you from say 10-12 feet than you may have enough ram for this year.

I like this dude... hes funny

I've got 1.512 Gb (DDR 400Mhz pc3200) in my Mac G5 dual 1.8 and I still want more. Ram is cheap enough that you should max out whenever you got the dough. I can max at 8 gb, but that will take some time.

384 mb RAM on an iMac G3 running Reason 2.5 and Cubase VST/32. runs pretty well, but will only record about 5 or 6 tracks at 32 bit before it starts to stutter.

my brother just gave me his old PC with Windows XP. not sure of the processor/RAM on that. definately gonna tweak it and see if it could make a good recording machine.

I'm going up to the big 1gb with my new machine, which should be here within a fortnight. A new interface follows in the Autumn, and inbetween a whole pile of mics! Oh happy day!!!

(Hope my bank manager doesn't notice)

Back