you want to form an "online" band?

Yvon

I'm a bass player, intermediate level. Been playing for a few years now. I live about one hour from montreal, that make it hard for me to find some people to jam with. So I had the idea of forming a band on the net. We could record our parts at home, and send it to the other members.

We could learn to record and mix together. Help each other and give some inputs.

I think that could be a great learning experience, for our recording and mixing chops.

I'm pretty open to the kind of music we could play. I like to listen to rock, blues, R&B motown, etc...

We could write our own song or just do cover.

It could be fun :)

You can Email me at
yvongravel at gmail.com

or just reply here

Thank you

Yvon

drums

I've done is a few times at RP.com and it's a lot of fun . I'm set up to record drums and can usually have my parts done over the next weekend .
You just need to establish who will be the "producer " so to speak that everyone sends their parts to for audition and mixing if they are excepted .
We would need to use a file transfer site like YOUSENDIT.COM to send the audio files . Also a standard format . Say MP3's for the scratch track and part auditioning then WAV when the final product is ready to be mixed . APE files work well too .

boogieman481 said:
could be alot of fun.... what would you do with the final product?

I want to do it mostly for fun.
Maybe have a myspace page, so we could show it to our friends.

rudibass2 said:
I've done is a few times at RP.com and it's a lot of fun . I'm set up to record drums and can usually have my parts done over the next weekend .
You just need to establish who will be the "producer " so to speak that everyone sends their parts to for audition and mixing if they are excepted .
We would need to use a file transfer site like YOUSENDIT.COM to send the audio files . Also a standard format . Say MP3's for the scratch track and part auditioning then WAV when the final product is ready to be mixed . APE files work well too .

Since it's mostly for fun, we could all be the producer. I mean you record your drum, when you are happy with it, it's cool. Then if any other "band member" have an idea of a drum parts they let you know.
I thought it could be a coolaboration, the great part about it would be the tips other people can give you.

Same thing for the mixing. We could all mix the project and then decide wich one sound the best.
Like this we could all learn.

Sounds like a plan man !!! Lay down your funkiest bass line and lets get started !!! :D

By producing I meant who would collect all the parts and mix them and all . But everyone getting all the parts and doing there own bit with them would be pretty cool too . Then we could vote on which one to post on the web or whatever . Or put them all up and see what the public seems to like best . :eek:

rudibass2 said:
Sounds like a plan man !!! Lay down your funkiest bass line and lets get started !!! :D

By producing I meant who would collect all the parts and mix them and all . But everyone getting all the parts and doing there own bit with them would be pretty cool too . Then we could vote on which one to post on the web or whatever . Or put them all up and see what the public seems to like best . :eek:

I recorded a little something this morning. I send it to your through your E-mail?

I got it Yvon . MP3 or wav is good . I sent more info in my e mail reply . I should have a file back to you before the end of the weekend .

Ok , any guitar or keyboard players here that want to get in on the fun ??? :cool:

I just got the bass and scratch track today . I will post a link to a file download service were everyone can grab the files .

Back