Yamaha DMC-1000?

keilson

Someone has offered me a Yamaha DMC-1000 digital console for $400. I've been trying to research it, but don't find too many people currently using it. Has anybody used this board? Comments? Is it worth the $400?

Yeah, if you feel like receiving stolen goods.

Or you could take it the next step and fence it through eBay and make at least a 600% profit...until the Feds track you down.

Either that or the thing is massively broken and you'll be paying $400 for a piece of scrap iron.

G.

haha uhoh. well assuming it's not stolen...i'll have a chance to check it out. Is it really worth that much more? I figured because of its age that it might be accurate.

Well, assuming you've got the right model number (Yamaha has had a LOT of gear over the years for both sound and motorcycles that were model "something1000".)

It depends upon the configuration, but I've seen them being offered on the Internet for anywhere from $3200 and up. Heck, do a Teoma or Google search yourself and find the TV broadcast facility selling their used one for 1600 pounds sterling.

That's why I find that $400 price awfully fishy; soundling like either an extremely hot item or an extremely malfunctioning one.

G.

Back