x86 bridged

Lo-Fi Mike

x86 bridged
What in the world is this, it keeps messing me up.

Just got a new laptop (win7 64-bit)
installed reaper x64
then installed ezdrummer and the plug-in comes up as x86 and wont let me drag and drop files.

Been using reaper with ezdrummer on windows XP (32-bit) for years and loved it.
Now I'm all sorts of jacked up.....please help

-mike-

In order for REAPER to use 32-bit VSTs, it needs to bridge them into the 64-bit environment (kind of like a conversion, only not..)

As of right now, you can't drag things from a 32-bit VST into REAPER x64.

Solutions?

* Install a 64-bit version of the plugin if one is available.
* Use the 32-bit version of REAPER instead (it will still work on a 64-bit system)

Last edited:
Thanks

YOU MUST SPREAD SOME REPUTAION AROUND BEFORE GIVING IT TO D.BOP AGAIN

Thanks man....

I just jumped into the world of 64-bit....I think I'm going to step back to 32 for a while.
Are there any significant advantages to 64?

Are there any significant advantages to 64?

As far as I can tell, just the amount of RAM your system can support. 32 bit OS's are limited to 4 Gig max, but can only access something like 3 to 3.5 Gig depending on your system. To where as Windows 7 Professional 64 bit can access up to 192 Gig and Windows XP Professional 64 bit is limited to a meager 128 Gig if memory serves.

More memory then you'll probably ever need for home recording. And the cost of a motherboard that can support that kind of memory? I'm afraid to look. :eek:

As far as I can tell, just the amount of RAM your system can support. 32 bit OS's are limited to 4 Gig max, but can only access something like 3 to 3.5 Gig depending on your system. To where as Windows 7 Professional 64 bit can access up to 192 Gig and Windows XP Professional 64 bit is limited to a meager 128 Gig if memory serves.

More memory then you'll probably ever need for home recording. And the cost of a motherboard that can support that kind of memory? I'm afraid to look. :eek:

What he said :D

Actually, I think my motherboard can handle up to 192GB of RAM and I bought it for $50 on Newegg (open box item)

Now, finding 192GB of RAM that will fit into four slots is the challenge!

But yeah, it's mainly RAM. A cool thing about REAPER is that bridging is still available in the 32-bit version. So, say you have 8GB of RAM.. you should be able to use more than the 32-bit 4GB limit if you run your plugins in a separate process. I believe you can also run 64-bit plugins in the 32-bit app, but don't quote me on that. I've never tried it!

*edit*

Also, I meant to say REAPER 32-bit will still run in Windows x64. Sorry about that! I edited the post to avoid confusion :cool:

Back