Adding .wav file of tempo-X to project with tempo-Y

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I have a project tempo of 66 BPM. I dragged and dropped two .wav files into the project and they created their own new tracks - no problem. They play and sound perfect.

The odd thing I noticed.. when each track was added it was highlighted, and at the beginning of each was 120 BPM highlighted in red - nowhere near the project tempo. Before I tried playing them, this freaked me out thinking I would have to convert them, but no. They play fine and they still show the 120 BPM.

There were no windows popping up telling or asking me to address the differences. So looks like Reaper just handled all this without bothering me with details :listeningmusic:8-)

Yeah, it depends on your Reaper settings or Project settings, item time base or something... are the 120bpm wav files playing back slowly at 66bpm or are they playing at 120bpm and ignoring your 66bpm project tempo? They'd say something like 0.46 playback rate or something above the item I believe...

They're playing back at the 66 BPM project tempo, yet still displaying 120 BPM in red type at the beginning under the Vol knob. They sound perfectly fine, as if they were recorded at 66 BPM. There are no other notes or indicators displayed. It just works.

Back