Wow. . . This girl has only been playing 1 year!

Great response Groucho! Thats what I have wanted this whole time is for someone to tell me WHY! I also agree that Crawdad has some of the best reverbs on this board.

I did tweak the frequency and rolled of highs. I didn't mess with reflections though, or predelay.

Thanks for the "in depth" ideas on how to actually make it different. If someone asks for your opinion on thier mix and you say it sucks, but don't offer ideas on how to fix it, then I think you really didn't help them much. But what you said was all I needed to hear. I was kind of playing the devil, I guess, but I just wanted someone to say something the slightest bit in depth after my many rebuttals. You rock man!

Thanks
Beez

I think one of the "secrets" of using a lot of reverb is not to use just one reverb and slather with just that one. Use two..three different reverbs...stereo a MUST, and blend them together. I also see nothing wrong with a "wetter" track than another (or as you said a dry track), but a COMPLETELY dry track will really stick out. ...which of course can be used for effect, but nothing wrong using a 'stadium' reverb with a 'cedar room' reverb... if it works!

I think the statement of the freeware "great hall" reverb hit the nail on the head.. That's the problem. It is a bland reverb. Ok for some uses, but you are making it a lead instrument in this case.

She's pretty good. I'd agree with the other mix comments and add to get rid of the BBE, lol. The acoustic sounds nice and the vocals are smooth.

Back