Worst Piece(s) of Gear You've Purchased

For me it would be the Alesis M-EQ 230. When I bought it it had already been discontinued, so I bought it off eBay. Shorty after I realized why it was discontinued. I can still recall the (physical) pain of trying to move those razor-thin sliders. And once you did get them out of their irritatingly deep detent, the travel was not smooth at all.

For me it would be the Alesis M-EQ 230. When I bought it it had already been discontinued, so I bought it off eBay. Shorty after I realized why it was discontinued. I can still recall the (physical) pain of trying to move those razor-thin sliders. And once you did get them out of their irritatingly deep detent, the travel was not smooth at all.

I bought one of these when they first came out, still using it on my bands PA. I agree that the sliders are hard to see and hard to change (mine are fairly smooth), but it sounds fine and it is the only 1U rack space stereo 30 band graphic I have seen. It is also very quiet.
Alan.

I bought one of these when they first came out, still using it on my bands PA. I agree that the sliders are hard to see and hard to change (mine are fairly smooth), but it sounds fine and it is the only 1U rack space stereo 30 band graphic I have seen. It is also very quiet.
Alan.

Well okay, perhaps my experience is far from ideal :) I did buy mine used and there's no real telling of what it had gone through prior to my buying it.

The GearOne headphones that I'm wearing right now. Bought two pairs off MF's stupid deal of the day, and they're the worst.

M-Audio Oxygen midi-controller. I don't do a lot of midi stuff, but I needed a basic keyboard. First off, the keys felt really cheap, the knobs and sliders which they boasted would work seamlessly didn't. I ended up returning it and got the Axiom which was marginally better. My advice, don't buy M-Audio midi controllers. The AKAI MPK from my experience felt a lot more sturdy and seemed to communicate better with most DAWs.

Back