Question About What I Should Buy Next.

-Reaper $225.00

Reaper Web Site said:
The normal price for REAPER is $225.00 USD, however for users who wish to use REAPER only for non-commercial use we offer reduced price licensing for $50.00 USD. Upgrades from non-commercial licenses to full (commercial) licenses are available.
Just buy the $50.00 license until you start making money off of it, then upgrade from your first incoming check...

Which UAD1 pack would you suggestion i see a few (flexi, project..)

Also what is a DSP card? how would I get that in my comp?

The card helps your computer out with the processing needed to run a bunch on plugs in reaper (or cubase or whatever). It's very easy to install; if you don;t feel comfortable doing it, it will take your average computer geek about 30 seconds. Which one? Well, how much do you want to spend? You could start with the $300 and then just buy new plugs as you need them. Or, like me, PLAN to do that but just be too cheap to ever buy more plugs.

Ok so here is my refined list of what i THINK im going to get.

1. Instead of Cubase 4 im going to get Reaper.

2. Noone really stated much about me getting and plugins by any brand so I guess I wont buy any IK Multimedia plugins or any in general. I would like some good ones though.

3. Someone said I could go cheaper by instead of getting hardware, get software compression EQ etc...so what brands and types for cheap?

4. I think depending on how much money is left over ill get the M-Audio stated above. and also the Bass DI box.

5. For acoustic treatment, im just going to get some GiK acoustic panels for now especially since they are the perfect price.

so far this is coming to be around...

-Reaper $225.00
-GIK 244 2x4 4” Acoustic Panels $129.98
-I forget to tell yall im getting 2 drum overhead mics so that is about $200

so im up to $555 still have another $150-250 to go....but if I really dont need anything else i could spend that on some drum gear or actually, maybe some good mic cables.

As far as compression when you were talking about the ik multimedia t-racks mastering suite that includes compressor. So far sounds like your in the game for some decent sounds. Best advice "buy cheap, buy twice" don't base your studio on price because then you will waste alot of cash. Save a little and buy quality don't buy price. Invest in some quality monitors and quality cables and mics and with time as you learn the software and hardware limits, good sound will just come natural.

Back