"Wolves" - folks rock

famous beagle

Hey y'all, this is another from my wife's album. Just FYI, this one has already been mastered, so it's a good bit louder than the previous mixes I've posted. But it hasn't been released yet, so there's still time to make changes if something really needs to change.

Thanks for any comments!

Attachments

• 02 - Alli Johnson - Wolves.mp3
    6.1 MB
This one sounds about right, I think, right out of the gate. I really like the tune as well. Okay, I gotta come up with something lol. What about the bvs on the right that come in toward the end, about the 3.15 mark? Can you make them more distinct somehow?

Really good stuff. You can be famous now. 8-)

This one sounds about right, I think, right out of the gate. I really like the tune as well. Okay, I gotta come up with something lol. What about the bvs on the right that come in toward the end, about the 3.15 mark? Can you make them more distinct somehow?

Really good stuff. You can be famous now. 8-)
Haha, thanks! Yeah I wasn't quite sure about those vocals. To be honest, I wasn't sure whether to include them. I guess that's evident in their treatment. I guess I need to make up my mind. 😉 Thanks for the listen!

"let the wolves enjoy my bones" ? stop. please. you gotta rewrite those lyrics. they're f'n laughable.

also, what's with the male vocal blended in on the lead? get rid of that. this lady has a FANTASTIC voice. do you realize how rare that is?!?! and where the male vocals harmonize pull them WAY BACK and cut tons of low-end from 'em so that they're barely audible

decent production 👍

consider doing something that 'moves' that guitar solo around a bit

you gotta rewrite those comments. they're f'n laughable.

"let the wolves enjoy my bones" ? stop. please. you gotta rewrite those lyrics. they're f'n laughable.

also, what's with the male vocal blended in on the lead? get rid of that. this lady has a FANTASTIC voice. do you realize how rare that is?!?! and where the male vocals harmonize pull them WAY BACK and cut tons of low-end from 'em so that they're barely audible

decent production 👍

consider doing something that 'moves' that guitar solo around a bit
Thanks for the listen and the comments. Do I owe you anything extra for the unnecessary rudeness?

This is the mixing forum and not the songwriting one, but since you mentioned it, we didn't write this song. It's a cover from a band called Down Like Silver. However, I think the lyrics are great, and so do many others. Different strokes, I guess.

I know my wife has a fantastic voice. She wanted the doubled male octave vocal and really likes the way it sounds, as do I.

Anyway ... welcome to the forum, and thanks again for listening.

oh so people don't post originals in this forum? and you specified in your OP that this song was a cover?

the male vocal double detracts.
What the hell, man (or woman)? What's your problem?

I never said people don't post originals. But this is the MIXING clinic - not the songwriting forum. People are asking for advice about mix issues.

Regardless, you don't have to be a d*ck to get your point across.

It's your opinion - not a fact (same goes for the male vocal double).

When and if you post your own stuff here, I'll be sure to treat you with more respect than you've shown me.

Edit: Never mind. While searching to see if you had posted anything of your own here, I can see that you're just as disrespectful to everyone else. Have fun with that.

calm down, mr crystalline ego guy. sheesh.

did you know that there are people in the music biz that are called 'ears'? do you know what this means? these 'ears' are able to discern stuff about music. rick rubin is an example. there are many such folks in the biz that are highly respected and sought out for their 'opinions' cuz these people KNOW what sounds good and what sounds like bush-league meh-ness. the music biz is a business and so songs are not just for listening to... they are for making $. 'ears' = $. capeesh?

i wonder if i'm one of these 'ears'? hmmm?
Frankly, I couldn't care less if you're one of those ears. Even if you are, it doesn't give you a right to be a jerk. What's the point of that?

6cf8cae9-dc98-479e-92c6-4afc164abf8e_text.gif

well, you're a very small-minded person, so... reel it in, mr just-lucky-to-not-be-rotting-in-incelville guy. your wife isn't hideous but... she's most definitely NOT what you think she is. your mini-mind would be blown by pretty much anything. if you get the chance to go to nashville you'd see gals waaaaaaaaaaay hotter than your wife working at mcdonalds as they churn that butter towards a shot at making real music with real pros, gump
Mmmm, sounds great.

Remind me to shoot myself if I ever release anything that sounds like the pandering-ass, young country sh*t that comes out of Nashville. Jesus, I'd rather hang myself.

I don't care one bit what you think of my wife's looks, her voice, or anything.

I don't know if you're an industry "ear," but I do know that you're a d*ck.

Hi

Seems like YEP is slagging off everyone's songs on the Forum

i am sure everyone is open to criticism but it should be in a polite manner & not brash comments that i am reading
on almost every post

Seeing as he seems to be the expert on everything it would be nice to hear one of his/her songs so we can
hear perfection !!
i suspect he is a Troll & out to piss everyone off

subvibe

I've liked everything off the upcoming release you've presented here, and this is no different.

I particularly like the vocal interplay - the use of the male/female unison for contrast - and then the later change to harmony.

I've absolutely no nits on this - but I will add the mastering adds perfectly what it is supposed to.

I've liked everything off the upcoming release you've presented here, and this is no different.

I particularly like the vocal interplay - the use of the male/female unison for contrast - and then the later change to harmony.

I've absolutely no nits on this - but I will add the mastering adds perfectly what it is supposed to.
Thanks much!

Absolutely Fantastic song with a Lot of Heart ! Very Nice Powerful vocals and Tasty guitars. Highly impressive and I can't think of a reason why this one couldn't make some Mainstream waves. Loved it .. mark

Back