Wireless mics

pohaku

I've got lots of wired mics, but I know next to nothing about wireless units. I've run across a pretty good deal on NOS discontinued Beyer Opus 500 systems and am whimsically thinking of picking one up for sporadic playing out. Anyone know anything about these? The 2 systems I'm looking at are the Opus 500 systems with the following pieces:

1 NE 500 D Dual Receiver
2 SDM 860 Handheld Dynamic Microphone Transmitters
TG X 60 Capsules

1 NE 500 D Dual Receiver
2 SEM 881 Handheld Condenser Microphone Transmitters
Opus 81 Capsules

Anyone know anything about these and can venture an opinion or preference?

Thanks!

As no one has responded, I'm assuming that these mics are not familiar. So, I've done what any good, self-respecting gear slut would do and bought both packages. I intend to use them just for casual performing. If I'm not happy with them, I suspect I can unload them for at least what I paid for them after the vendor sells out or give them away to a deserving charitable organization. The vendor is the Beyer distributor. I've bought stuff from them before with no hitches. If anyone else is interested, there are lots more of them. If your church, school or civic organization needs some wireless mics, this might be the time to get a few:

http://cgi.ebay.com/beyerdynamic-UH...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/beyerdynamic-UH...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318

But of course.

I have lots of Beyer mics and like them quite a bit. I've never really used anyone's wireless mics let alone Beyer's, so this is foreign territory for me. Beyer does make and still sells a wired version of each mic -- the TG-X-60 dynamic and the Opus 81 condenser. Current street price for 1 wired mic is @ $279 for the TG-X-60 and $329 for the Opus 81. Although I've never used either of them as wired mics, each of the wired mics is in the upper range of their respective model categories - these aren't low budget mics. The wireless version of the Opus 81 with a single microphone and receiver apparently sold for @$770, so I imagine the two channel version package went for somewhere around $1100.

So, $100 for a NOS package of two mics and a two channel receiver seems to be a pretty cheap introduction to what could be a pretty good bit of kit by a major and well regarded audio manufacturer and mic builder. We'll see. If these are decent and they still have some left after I check them out, I may be doing some early Christmas shopping for friends.

Back