GTD Audio G-622 Mic not sensitive enough

Apexeon

Hi,

We have a GTD Audio G-633 plugged into a speaker and have noticed that unless the speaker is pressing the microphone to his or her lips/chin, the microphone doesn't seem to pick up what they're saying. We've tried different speakers which have louder volume with the same effect. Does anyone know how to make the microphone more sensitive?

Otherwise, can anyone recommend a replacement microphone system that is wired? (Microphone to transmitter should be wireless, transmitter to speaker must be wired). This is for indoor, speaking application.

Appreciate the help

Otherwise, can anyone recommend a replacement microphone system that is wired? (Microphone to transmitter should be wireless, transmitter to speaker must be wired). This is for indoor, speaking application.

Also, what you want is a wireless microphone. You don't have to specify that the connection from the receiver is wired since that's the norm.

Also, what you want is a wireless microphone. You don't have to specify that the connection from the receiver is wired since that's the norm.

Aux from receiver to speaker. One of the speakers is a UE Megaboom. The other is some logitech generic brand. Both appear to work well. It's just that the person holding the mic has to basically press their lips to it

Sounds like you need an amplifier of some sort to boost the signal from the microphone. Possibly a mic pre-amplifier (or to turn up an existing amplifier)?

I would infer from your post that when you said 'speaker' you meant the person who is speaking rather than the loudspeakers?

If not, loudspeakers have lips now. Always more to learn....

You're certainly not being very clear on what you're asking. The 622 is a wireless mic unit. The UE Megaboom is a Bluetooth speaker. The two aren't compatible.

Get some real speakers, get an amp. plug the 622 receiver into the amp, then plug the new speakers into the amp. Use the gain and volume controls to turn it up.

You can also read the manual on your 622, it probably tells you all you need to know.

You're certainly not being very clear on what you're asking. The 622 is a wireless mic unit. The UE Megaboom is a Bluetooth speaker. The two aren't compatible.

Get some real speakers, get an amp. plug the 622 receiver into the amp, then plug the new speakers into the amp. Use the gain and volume controls to turn it up.

You can also read the manual on your 622, it probably tells you all you need to know.

Assumption #1 - UE Megaboom doesn't have an aux (it does, we've been using that).
Assumption #2 - I have the manual (I don't, i inherited the thing which is why I'm asking for people's suggestions on alternatives).

Thanks anyway.

Guessing you're feeding the output of the wireless receiver into the 1/8" AUX jack of the the MegaBoom or Logitech speakers(?)

GTD Audio G-622
- Where are the AF level meters hitting when you speak into the mic?
- A few Youtube videos I watched demoing the mic suggested holding at the chin or directly in front of mouth. What are your expectations of how far away you should be able to hold it? This type of mic is generally for close use.

MEGABOOM
"AUDIO
Maximum Sound Level: 90dBA. Frequency Range: 65Hz - 20kHz. Drivers: Two 2” drivers and two 2” x 4” Passive Radiators. Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for up to 20 hours of battery life between Micro USB charges.

DIMENSIONS
Diameter: 8.3cm (3.3”). Height: 22.6 cm (8.9”). Weight: 877 g"

If trying to use the MEGABOOM or similar Logitech as a PA speaker to cover a group of people, it probably will not come close to providing any suitable volume with its small 4" speakers. I couldn't find an output wattage rating, but guess it isn't too great. Are you trying to use the MEGABOOM as a PA?

Yes. What I don't understand is if, for example, I play sounds using the bluetooth connection or aux, the volume is more than loud enough. With the microphone, again unless they're speaking directly into it, their voice is generally louder than what's coming out of the Megaboom. But if they basically hold their lips to it or touch the chin to the microphone, it sounds the way it should. I'm kind of looking for a quick bandaid solution and I'm happy to consider longer term solutions of getting a proper PA setup.

Back