Will This Work? Building a Talk Box

Zona Mona

Ok, so I am building a talk box for my bass and here is what I have come up with so far, please tell me if this will work

Carvin BX1200 Head (Using one output for my cab and the other for that talk box or daisy chaining the cab and talk box) 275w per channel @ 8 ohms, 1200w bridged @ 4 ohms

400w compression horn driver:
Super Piezo Driver
Film: Paper
Frequency Response: 1.5 - 20 KHz
Sensitivity: 105 dB (2.83 W/1M)
Power Watts (MAX: 400 Watts)
Impedance: 8 Ohm

the I plan to put in a footswitch to allow me to turn it off

basically the things concerning me are the wattage and the frequency response of the horn driver

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

I don't know anything about it, but....

Looks like your driver's wattage/power handling and impedance is adequate - at least it's greater than what the amp will put out at the matched impedance (8 ohms.)

As far as the frequency response, I don't know that 1.5kHz and above will make any significant alteration of the bass' output. I know it has frequencies higher than 1.5k, but how much of it will significantly be audible when modulated by the talkbox is not clear to me.

I'd say make it and see what happens, but I think you'll need a driver that has a lower frequency range..

i'ld think seriously about a diff driver... 1.5k on the low end aint gonna get it... as to power i'ld add a resistor to the box or you may need dental work... some drivers can get down to around 500hz... and you'll still need a crossover of sorts to block that bottom end or you'll be replacing diagphrams constantly...

Back