Why is it impossible to find 1/4 stereo cables?

Just buy 2 guitar patch cords. Or are you trying to convert 2 1/4" outputs into some kind of single input?

On a side note, anyone know if it makes a difference whether you connect your monitors to your mixer with guitar cables or RCA cables?

Alls i need is red\white 1\4 inch stereo cables to plug into my drum machine or my synthisizer, with a 1\4 inch plug to go into my preamp\mixing board or woteva. why is it impossible.

I just got these thinking they'd work

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O1P/ref=oss_product

but they are not working right!

That cable is a Y cable... as in Why would you think that would work in the first place??

Read the manual for your preamp\mixing board or woteva, it will tell you wotu need...

It's not clear what you are trying to connect.
1/4" mono guitar plugs to 1/4" stereo? Thats' the Y-cable adapter you show. I suspect you want 2 1/4" mono plugs to 1 1/4" mono plug?

That cable will work if you are trying to plug the headphone output of your drum machine or synth into your interface.

Normally you would use the left and right line outputs of the drum machine or synth instead of the headphone out, which you would use two balanced cables or two instrument cables.

Some of the less expensive units only have the headphone out. If that is your only option, then an insert cable is what you are looking for.

Sounds like you need two mono cables to go into two mono inputs on your mixer or woteva (or a stereo input...).

Guitar patch cables, as someone else mentioned are what I'd use.

Why do you think you need stereo cables?

Back