Why does DFH take up 1.2 gig of ram

altiris

Why does DFH take up 1.2 gig of ram. The minimume requirement is 256. I have 2 gigs of ram. but every time I load it i get system memory low. It works. but why does it take up so much. If the box says 256 minimume then its misleading. If I had 1 gig ram then it would not have worked. Does any one else have this? and does it take up that much ram?

It depends on the size of the kit you are trying to load, and also the amount of microphone bleed you are enabling. Are you talking about DFH Superior? If so you need to download the newest free update to the software, because it offers on the fly compression that dramatically reduces memory use. For example, I use a a huge kit with 6 cymbals and 2 rides and I use only 150 megs when the kit is fully loaded.

wow thats way less memory than mine. I have the $99. one. Iv been loading the preset ones. I downloaded a patch for it. but I dontthink it had anything to do with that. when I load it as a stand alone I get noticable latancy. but when I load it as a plugin in cubase I get very low latancy almost unnoticable. but the memory issue is the same either way. The download I down loaded was the only downoad there for my virsion. this was about a week ago. I'll check again.
I guess need to tweek around with it. I did try most of the presest. but thanks

Then you have the DFH2 version. The patch has a Direct From Disk feature. This also minimizes on RAM usage. Since you have enough RAM, then I'd just use it as is. But 'yes', it is a RAM hog. However, it sounds awesome.

Back