Who makes the BEST drivers for XP????

WinstonCowboy

I am on a laptop...and am desperately looking for a soundcard that is reliable....Who has the best driver support? M-Audio....seems like shit!

I am running XP home...and the M-Audio drivers....work for shit on XP....I have done so much tweaking and I am still having some problems!

Echo have a good reputation. They have a nice little PCMCIA card interface called the Indigo IO which may suit - no midi on it and although its audio is high quality, it only has stereo mini jack in and out. RME have a more "pro" pcmcia card option - can't remember the name but they have a good driver reputation.
As for USB or Firewire interfaces - I don't think there are any that some users don't have some troubles with. Usually it's something to do with the interface controller in the machine - there are some around that don't suit audio interfaces.

RME is about as solid as you can get. The Hammerfall series is just GOOD. When you go around to trade shows, more often than not, they're demoing on that...that's gotta count for something.

Other than that, there's always the expensive route: getting a Magma chasis for a PCI card you know and love. :)

Sklathill said:
RME is about as solid as you can get. :)
Partially agreed.

And I never had a problem with delta cards and XP...worked great for years
In addition my Lynx card is doing fine with XP as well

Back