Who are your top favorite male singers

Johnny Horton, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Wilson Picket, too many to continue.

Laugh if you like. One of my favorite Tenors. He puts more emotion in a tune.. just sayin..The control he has over his vibrato, the way he breaks that last note
into fallsetto, the phrasing by breaking single words into multiple notes.. it's like he is singing every syllable, not just the words..

Last edited:
Off the top of my head...

Paul Rodgers
Steve Walsh
Terry Reid

+1 for Art Garfunkel. Smooth with great control. The guy sings like an angel.

Reactions: TAE
I really love those too gonna check out the ones haven't heard I forgot Corey Hart he did a remake of an Elvis song that I think is even better than Elvis this one am posting is not the remake song tho

Lots of favorites... Terry Kath, Jon Anderson, Marvin Gaye, Brian Wilson, David Crosby, Graham Nash, Smokey Robinson, Roy Orbison. I can't say I have a single favorite. Now if it was guitarists.... then yeah, Jimi. He's my GOAT.

Yeah I'm all over the map on fav male singers Love most all the ones above that Talisman mentioned...several other aforementioned and a few thousand more to that list
Michael Jackson both as a kid and adult
Ray Charles
Elton
Plant when he was in his prime
Edgar Winter
Leon Russel
Glen Cambel
Herb Alpert...WTF? This guys in love with you...OK I'm a sap for a sappy song..
Tony freekin Bennet
John Lennon and George Harrison and Harry Nilsson
John Fogerty
Gregg Rolie
Greg Alman
Jim Croce
Cat Stevens
Beck
Oh Shit no one mentioned Steven Tyler
David Ruffin
Wilson Picket
James Taylor
leonard Cohen
Axel Rose
Roger Daltry
Luther Vandross
Donny Hathaway
Kurt Cobain
Neil Young
The Boss
Stevie Winwood
Hank Williams
Al Green
Elvis
Dylan
and one of the most underrated great singers, lyricist and songwriters in the history of rock
Jimi

Last edited:
Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet:
Stevie Wonder!
I have to say, though, I much prefer his earlier stuff from the 60s. I have his Greatest Hits Vol. 2 on vinyl, and holy crap could he blow back then! 😮

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet:
Stevie Wonder!
I have to say, though, I much prefer his earlier stuff from the 60s. I have his Greatest Hits Vol. 2 on vinyl, and holy crap could he blow back then! 😮

Stevie Wonder and Glenn Hughes.

Stevie was Glenn's hero.

Vai said his jaw hit the floor....

From the "nobody knows who that is" file: That dude from Rival Sons. Good band. Great singer.

Jay Buchanan is his name.

Last edited:
Gregg Allman. The dude would open his mouth just a little bit and that came out. Hearing it you would almost think it was an affected vocal delivery, but it's not. It's really him. Lived a less than wholesome life, but in my view the guy was a national treasure.

Imagine these 2 guys sitting 3 feet from him witnessing greatness.

Back