'White noise' on my mic recordings, how to fix it?

Post 5 more posts in this thread so you can upload a direct link. I can't get the copy-and-pasted link to work.

1 2 3 4 5
Link worked here. Must have been after Jimmy fixed it? Not sure but I think I just heard the heads moving on his hard drive :D

Link worked here. Must have been after Jimmy fixed it? Not sure but I think I just head the heads moving on his hard drive :D

All I could get to work was the one of noise without the voice.

If you can get the one with the voice to work post a link to it, my good man.

Where did that guy go anyways?

..Thanks for all your comments so far! And sorry about all this, I'm not very good with the technical part of all this. :/
Hey, we were all beginning somewhere. You're at least hanging in there. Hell sometimes, trying to help, you get squat back! :guitar:

Hi Jimmy; you mean with voice, like the second file I uploaded? -> bit. ly/1dA5X06

Well there it is. The background noise is not that bad really. Well, it is, but not something I would consider a fault of interface or mic. Sounds like background noise when using a condenser near noisy equipment to me. Make changes there.

LINK WITH VOICE

Yep. Sounds about right. Typical room background.
Not like what our ears hear live' sitting there-- Mics/recordings don't do that brain/hearing mechanism doing their natural 'focus discriminating/'filtering thing.

..I should be 'mixing. Later :)

He needs to turn the gain down.

The first "test" peaked at about -6dBFS through my input meters. The noise floor looked to be about -42dBFS.

I backed the output meters off -12dBFS from max and the noise floor dropped to about -54dBFS. Which ain't bad.

That place was just 'good'. Is there a better sushi place in Boulder?

I work for a Japanese company and they are Extremely particular about their sushi. And they talk about this one place in the Denver metro area that is the best. I don't know the name, but I will ask.

Sorry for the tangent.

Sushi Den is my favorite. Far from Boulder though. Hmm, I wonder if they are open today? Uni for thanksgiving!!!

Is the site running way slow for you today?

Back