White Acoustic Panels

iced

is acoustic paneling any good? its like a white board type thing, like some stores/bussnieses use it, like its on there celling

And yes that is acoustic paneling.. it helps the store from echoing and such

If your thinking of it for treating your room.....no.
Like you said, they'll take out the echo, but that's about it. Check out some of the boo-koo threads around here for the goodz on acoustic treatment. Good stuff........ :D

acoustically speaking

taking out the echo is good from what i've read too. many HR's have that
dry-wall of sound!
the bass traps will do a different freq range other than the mids/highs.
maybe add some bass traps with your free acoustic panels....??

yeah free is great!

yea i was thinking about some bass traps too... but ... i cant find any cheap ones... i have a low budget ... do u know a good CHEAP site

It depends on the manufacturer and model/type. I actually am using some of these tiles myself. However, they are the correct type which is a yellow rigid fiberglass with a vinyl layer on one face. I've peeled this off and stack them to make up to 4" thickness. If these are free, yellow fiberglass, and you have lots of them........WOO WOO!!! If they are the standard paper mache type with holes....forget it. :D

I would glue them together so they were a few inches thick and put them in a checkerboard type pattern over the walls. Don't cover all of the wall surface or it will just sound muddy.

Take a 2x4 sheet of 4" rockwool cut it in half then cut the halfs in half and take the triangles you're left with and stack them in a corner from the floor to the cieling. Put a wood boarder around it then cover it with the fabric of your choice. I believe ive heard this called a superchunk. PEACE!!

agian IM POOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and only 14 lol ....

Shut up ... lol ... i have a plan already for what ima do .. so .. yea
So, uh... why are you asking for our advice and guidance???? :confused:

I have some seriously good suggestions for you, but you already know it all...

I guess I'll "shut up" now.... :D

turnitdown said:
I have some seriously good suggestions for you, but you already know it all...

I guess I'll "shut up" now.... :D
That's just an excuse for having no idea at all. Comeon, the guy's 14, that makes me feel old and i'm only 17, lol. He has the right idea and wants a little guidance. He's told you already that he has next to no money, so needs the cheapest possible option. I'm in the same boat as him, poor as hell and wanting to start up my own studio. If you actually do have "some seriously good suggestions", share them, it isn't just him you will be helping, if he chooses to ignore them that's his choice, but i'll certainly take them on board, and I'm sure a few others will too.

Sorry, i just thought you were being a little unfair on him

Pandamonk

Shut up ... lol ... i have a plan already for what ima do .. so .. yea
First off, for someone who asks for help from people who DO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS CHEAP, and then says "shut up", I'd say you haven't learned any manners or respect, SON :mad: In fact, I'd say your being a punk, and theres no room here for punks. Why don't you go learn some respect, and then come back with a better attitude. You might get some serious help at that point. Till then, go play in the street with your punk friends.

I pretty much write you off with that attitude.
fitZ

Yeah, Iced, respect your elders!!! lol. RICK, you need to earn respect, whatever age you are, especially with someone you've never met/talked to before. That's what so many "older" people seem to forget nowadays. Ok, you "DO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS CHEAP", please share you're knowledge and we will respect you for that. If not, DO NOT COME HERE DEMANDING RESPECT!! I'm no punk, but I hate to see youngsters, like me, get treated like shit, just because we are young. We came looking for advice, and get shit like "Ask your Daddy to use his tools. :p ". Ok, we're poor, but there's no need to make a joke out of it. That is why he said "Shut up". Then you come with all your shit. "You have no manners or respect son...I'd pretty much write you off with that attitude, Blah blah blah". Ok, Iced knows that he needs help, and that you guys are the ones to ask, that is why he is here. So he comes asking a question, a few of you guys help a bit but are give him options that he cannot afford so he reminds you that he is "POOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and only 14", because, it seems, some of you have forgotten this. And then to have someone start making fun of him, because of these "handicaps", would YOU not tell them to shutup? i certainly would!

Back