Which audio interface

Elementmetal

Hi all

I've previously done all demo for my band using Garageband. When the demos were complete we then went to a pro studio and recorded our debut album. the software the producer was using was Apple Logic.

I know have Apple Logic and want to record some material as demo material in prep for our 2nd album, however IF the quality of what i record is good enough we may use these new recordings FOR the 2nd album.

I use a black first gen macbook with either the 2.0 or 2.2 GHz intel model. 1 GB of ram (which i may look to change to 2) and its stock 80GB harddrive (although i have an extra 160GB external USB harddrive linked up.

I'm looking for advice on an audio interface to record with. We will be playing along seperately to clicks, so its important to have between 8-10 simultaneous inputs to record the drums.

I love the look of the MAudio NRV-10 but it doesnt have the right amount on inputs.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations.

Budget between £300 - £400 UK pounds

Thanks

Adam
Element
myspace.com/elementsound

Cheers Mike

Some other person mentioned the MOTU 8Pre (16x12 FireWire Audio MIDI Interface)

I AM new to this stuff. Would the above mentioned allow the 8 tracks or 10 simultaneous drum tracks to be sent to my Mac/Logic pro.

Also, stupid question i guess, but there be enough connections for me to
A) send the sound through some monitors

B) also send a click from logic through some headphones for the drummer.

I guess the interface has some ind of return so that the click goes through the mix and drummer can hear it through headphones?

As mentioned i'm new to this interface stuff however pretty used to using/editing sound files on Logic/Garageband to a decent degree

Thanks in advance

Adam

Back