Which 8-Channel Pre w/ADAT?

The Octane is like half of that (MAP 599)

The Digimax is probably the favorite at that price point. Also, it gives you inserts and direct outs, pertty cool feature you wont find on the others. And the 1/4" inputs bypass the mic pres, too.

Behringer has an 8 pre with ADAT rack mount unit.
Its Behringer, but check out the price.
Well cheap!

Behringer ADA8000 Ultragain

Eck

ChuckU said:
I'm looking for an 8-channel pre to connect to my RME Fireface 800. The Mackie Onyx 800R is a bit more expensive than the Motu 8 Pre. Not sure of quality or other options. I'd like to get opinions.

ChuckU i was looking at the rme multiface then Hard2Hear suggested the fireface, i was curious what kind of control surface are you using if any?

I'm running all analog signals into a Mackie 32x8 Buss mixer. Out of the board's direct outs into the Fireface channels 1-10 as it has 10 analog channels. When I get my new 8-channel, I will do the same and piggy back that into the RME, so I'll have 18 analog ins. Then into the PC via firewire. I am a Sonar user (just updated to Sonar 6 Producer) and I use an ancient Peavey Studiomix for a control surface. It is supported by Sonar and can be had on Ebay from time to time. Got mine a few years back for $100US.

ecktronic said:
Behringer ADA8000 Ultragain
Eck

the Behringer Ultra gain, Sounds noisy!
and probably like crap too

that said i haven't tried it, so prove me wrong if its a piece of gear you couldn't live without. didn't think so!

"I use an ancient Peavey Studiomix for a control surface. It is supported by Sonar and can be had on Ebay from time to time. Got mine a few years back for $100US."

Thanks ChuckU I guess I'll have to succumb and look at gear on ebay. :(

fishkarma said:
the Behringer Ultra gain, Sounds noisy!
and probably like crap too

that said i haven't tried it, so prove me wrong if its a piece of gear you couldn't live without. didn't think so!
Yeah I aint a fan of Behringer, but im on a budget.

Im now looking into the Firepod. Seems great IMO. I just dont know if it is a soundcard aswell.

Eck

ecktronic said:
Yeah I aint a fan of Behringer, but im on a budget.

Im now looking into the Firepod. Seems great IMO. I just dont know if it is a soundcard aswell.

Eck

Should be; the 8pre is; I'd think it would have to be...

The attractive thing about the 8-pre is that it can be a host as well as an expansion. Also that I can just walk into GC and buy one. I am also looking at the Octopre by Focusrite.

The newer Firepods are using the same pres as the Digimax FS. I have a Digimax FS and it's pres are fine. A little clearer than my DMP3. Also, the Digimax's clocking makes my Layla 24 sound a little better.

Oh...... and go Bears!

Bought the Octopre with ADAT option on EBAY for $560. That combo goes for $1000 new. Really nice sound with variable compression on each channel. Not sure I am syncing right with the RME host though.

Back