Where can I find a sound card that has drivers for Windows Vista?

Kramer

Man, I'm having a HUGE problem finding a decent card with ADAT and MIDI that will work with Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RME or MOTU are the only ones that Ive found to work decently. Still not as good as they do in XP, but Ive tested them both on all versions of Vista 32, and 64 bit. Maybe a RME 96/32 would work? Probably the cheapest solution at about $499.

Everything I hear about vista confirms that I'll stay away.
Well, it's new and like anything new (specially from Micro$oft) is going to have issues and there will be a lag until all the developers catch up.

Vista itself certainly needs a Service Pack 1. Then, I may think about it... but that won't happen until I get another audio interface as I got an Aardvark Q-10. With the company being defunct, Vista drivers for it will never come.

I've been looking at the RMEs for a while now, so maybe my next major purchase will be that, along with Komplete 5 and Cubase 4 (still on SX 2!).

Thanks for the replies guys. It's not like I'm in a bind or anything. I can mix what seems like unlimited tracks on this new computer and track with my VF 16 for the time being. I'll just have to wait for everyone to play catch up with drivers for Vista. I am going to look into the cards you guys suggested though. Thanks.

Everything I hear about vista confirms that I'll stay away.

vista came with my new computer that i just received last week and ive had absolutely no problems yet.. i actually like the look better than xp.. and if you turn aero and everything off it barely uses any more ram than xp.. all of my programs and hardware have installed flawlessly and have had drivers available.. vista doesn't "suck" .. it's just not worth spending the money on the upgrade yet since there are no huge advantages as of yet.

vista came with my new computer that i just received last week and ive had absolutely no problems yet.. i actually like the look better than xp.. and if you turn aero and everything off it barely uses any more ram than xp.. all of my programs and hardware have installed flawlessly and have had drivers available.. vista doesn't "suck" .. it's just not worth spending the money on the upgrade yet since there are no huge advantages as of yet.

I really like the look and feel of of it better than XP, but I am having problems with not being able to use some of my old hardware, like my M Audio 24/96 Sound card. Even the J-Edit Software for my J -Station is incompatible with it and won't ever be compatible with it.

Oh, well, just a lot more wires to run from different computers and rigs right now until M audio catches up with a driver on their end. I bought a M Audio UNO USB MIDI interface that seems to be working ok sp far.

My sister has Vista on her laptop. A lot different than I thought it'd be. I have to admit, I only used it for a few minutes but when it comes to stuff like the control panel, settings, etc., I was a little lost. It's also a resource hog. But I love the look/feel of it a lot more than XP.

I also have the 24/96. I figured M-Audio would have a Vista driver out by now. :confused: They could be waiting for Vista to be better developed so they don't have to release driver updates all the time. :confused:

all of the current tascams are vista compatable... i just downloaded the fw1884 drivers yesterday... cubase is vista capable... now if TC would just do a rewrite for POCO's i'ld think about making the jump...

Got an Edirol FA-66 for the laptop becuse it had vista drivers: cannot record a stereo channel without drops.
You can't blame Vista for that. I spent several days tweaking my laptop in XP to get it to record properly.

kramer, go to PCWorld, or PCMag and search for vista drivers...sometimes they have some decent articles on this stuff.

Yep, been there and already. LOL I e-mailed them and filled out a form to try and get into the BETA program. The 24/96- Vista driver is still in development.

Thanks for the help.:)

You don't need to fill out a form. They post beta drivers on their website. There's a checkbox or something where you tell it whether to include beta drivers in the search.

That said, they're about the last company whose beta drivers I'd recommend to anyone trying to get work done. Even their "stable" drivers felt like betas to me about half the time. :D

You don't need to fill out a form. They post beta drivers on their website. There's a checkbox or something where you tell it whether to include beta drivers in the search.

That said, they're about the last company whose beta drivers I'd recommend

Nah man, they have an active program that allows a select few who fill out the form try out the beta drivers that are in development before they are posted on their website as BETA drivers. It helps them in the process of developing the drivers. Here's the form:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.betaprogram#aForm

Back