when track one records onto track two

Tascam 428/Cubase SX....track duplication

dobro said:
Does this sound like you?

"I recorded track one (music) in the multi-track. Then when I tried to record track two as a separate vocal track, I found that it also recorded the music with it at the same time. This keeps happening!! What can I do?"

Well, you're not alone. If you're using a standard windows soundcard (essentially, ANY Soundblaster, SBLive or compatible, Crystal Audio, ESS, Soundmax, or even some other cards from Turtle Beach) the remedy is changing the input/output settings in your Windows Mixer. Here's how...

In any version of Windows that you have:
- Dbl-click on the yellow (or grey) speaker icon located on the lower right
hand corner of your screen.
- Select Options, Properties.
- In the "Adjust Volume for" area, select Recording.
- This will show you all the devices you can record from, in the
"Show the following volume controls" window.
- Make sure all the devices have a check mark in them.
- Click on OK.
- At the bottom of each recording device, there is a check box
with "Select" to the right of it. Use this to select the recording
device that you want. (if you're recording from Line In, choose LINE. If you're recording from Mic In, choose MIC, etc)
- Make sure the recording Volume is at least half way up.
- Minimize the "Recording Control" window.
- You are ready to record.

Now, if you still have bleed, it's possible that you've either selected something like 'WAVE' for your input device, or perhaps 'Mixed Output' or 'What You Hear'. The latter settings essentially lump ALL audio fed through the soundcard into Adobe Audition. The 'Wave' setting will do exactly what is described above - cause the playback track to be recorded with the overdub track.

If you're using a more pro-level card, chances are it has it's own mixer panel (and thus, is not controlled by the Windows Mixer).

Some cards that have their own mixers: Midiman/M-Audio (Delta series, Audiophile, etc), Echo (Layla, Mona, Gina, etc), Aardvark, Lynx, Frontier Designs, MOTU (828, 2408, etc)...
Tracks bleeding over....only it is a Tascam 428/CubaseSX...any suggestions??Did I post this in the right place? :o

OK, new here. This thread was thought to be about the Mackie Onyx w/firewire card - in some way. Trust me, it is not.

But this looks like a nice forum, I'll be back.

I was just gonna come here and post this problem...ive only been using audition to make beats and havent had to record on more then one track so i just now encountered that little gem... thanks for the solution. :)

same problem with tracks bleeding

Wow I have looked all over for an answer to this. Thanks can't wait to try it.PFS (pan flute studioz)

track bleeding issue...

Thank God!!! This problem has pissed me off for 2 years. And just by changing my wave device from 'wave mapper' to VIA AC'97 Audio' whatever that is, everything worked perfect! I changed it to that in Windows Vol. Properties, and in Device Properties in Cool edit pro 2.0. Now, completely silent background on the second track while recording. Simple as that. Thanks soooo much dude, You are the MAN! :cool:

How did you live with that for 2 YEARS!!! Anyway... If you are using Cool Edit/Audition tp record you have to specify the recording input AND output on every track. When you open a session they are set to a default. If the default isn't your setup then your out of luck... OR are you. just kidding. Go to the Options menu and then to Device properties. This is where you can select your wave out, Wave In midi etc. Make sure the input is the right one for your sound card. Then like everyone else has said make sure in whatever recording mixer you use (Options>Windows Recording Mixer...) that the SAME input is selected to record. And unless you are using a "What U Hear" like setting you should get "0" (Zero) bleed.

And DON'T track with speakers in the room. Why would you make such a headache for yourself and make it nescessary to degrade your audio just to get what you would have had in the first place if you would have made the artist wear some cans. If he doesn't like them tell him to just deal with it, that's just how you gotta do it.

I have the easy fix but need $$

I use an ALESIS MultiMix16 Firewire mixer.

It is actually an expensive sound card that is a 16 channel mixer.

It is perfect for multi tracking in Adobe Audition 2.0

Cost was about $600.00 US, but well worth it. Great for small band recordings or One Man Band.

Happy Recording

I have audition 1.5...

I recorded all my guitar parts fine.. I just tried to do a last little lead part.. and now the rest of the parts are bleeding into it.

I can't figure it out because I am using a Delta 66 Soundcard to record and playback with.. should I not be using it to play back with?

using a mixer also?

are you using an external mixer also ----out of soundcard into miser ....mixer back to soundcard.

if so....if the external mixer has monitor volume and a separate mains volume. that may be the fix.

listen to the recorded track from the Monitors volume on the mixer
and input your new track from the mains only ....being your new track....only mains are turned up to record.

my cheap ( but good ) yamaha emx 66m does it back the my onboard soundcard ( built in motherbaord card )just fine.

let me know your full sound connection setup for recording ....equip and all.

plus others out there may have many many other ways of doing this.

There is no wrong way ...it is just finding the way that works in your setup.

Hope I can help.....cause many people have helped me

info is great

info on places like this is great...and it as alays great to take all other persons setups into consideration...because someday I swear you will run into a small simple setting that you may have forgot or not thought of. You all keep the questions and the great info on your fixes coming ...I love reading about recording with pc's........You all are doing great....we all may use a program that one has asked about and or the gear. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!

Where is the Multitrack thing located?? =/ I cant seem to find it

Once I had a friend on the phone and I was trying to explain multitrack view to him but we did not get anywhere.
So, he sent me a screen shot of his CEP and I found out that he did not have Multitrack view.
I don't know which version of CEP he was running. It could be this one:
http://icm.html.tucows.com/artist/reviews/images/cooledit2000.gif

To get to Multitrack view you need to use this ICON (look at:
http://studioangie.googlepages.com/cep )
( Don't pay attention to NEW WAVEFORM pop up window. It has nothing to do with this.
I don’t have Cool edit so I had to find other peoples pictures on the internet.)

The Icon changes to single wavform while you are working in Multitrack.
There are both icons all the time on some versions.
Double click on the audio-file will get you get to Edit View from Multitrack view as well.

If your version doesn’t have Multitrack view and you really need it then I recommend Adobe Audition 1,5.
It is (almost) the same software but with new name and new owner which means there are updates, support etc.

Once I had a friend on the phone and I was trying to explain multitrack view to him but we did not get anywhere.
So, he sent me a screen shot of his CEP and I found out that he did not have Multitrack view.
I don't know which version of CEP he was running. It could be this one:
http://icm.html.tucows.com/artist/reviews/images/cooledit2000.gif

To get to Multitrack view you need to use this ICON (look at:
http://studioangie.googlepages.com/cep )
( Don't pay attention to NEW WAVEFORM pop up window. It has nothing to do with this.
I don’t have Cool edit so I had to find other peoples pictures on the internet.)

The Icon changes to single wavform while you are working in Multitrack.
There are both icons all the time on some versions.
Double click on the audio-file will get you get to Edit View from Multitrack view as well.

If your version doesn’t have Multitrack view and you really need it then I recommend Adobe Audition 1,5.
It is (almost) the same software but with new name and new owner which means there are updates, support etc.

Hi Sikter.....good of you to lend PB a hand...
but...I don't recall Cool Edit ever not having a Multi/Wave view icon, since at least V1.0!!!....(maybe prior to this?)
But it's a good question you pose...I wonder which version he does actually have???

Back