What's you nex major purchase??

Chili

Site Moderator
I just ordered the Focusrite 2i2 for future remote recording capabilities. I'm also oggling the new UA Apollo Duo. If I sell my Lavry units and my focusrite Twintrack mic pre, I might have enough to cover most of it.... :confused:

What's next on your shopping list??

What's next on your shopping list??

the new UA Apollo Duo.
:D

I'm always looking for top quality plugins of any sort. I've been looking for some quality preamps. And I've also been looking to upgrade to a better interface.
The Apollo Duo is everything I'm looking for, so why not?

I want to try and hold out for a Mac first though so I can use it with thunderbolt.
So I guess that makes my next purchase a mac :confused:

At $310 it's not really a "major" purchase but I have enough hardware, software, guitars, amps, FX, and synths to keep me busy trying to live up to their potential for the next 10 years.

Steel Guitar Black Box

I've got a 73 Twin reverb that needs a new output transformer, caps, and tubes---- maybe $500-600 altogether to get back to 100%. Would love to restore that amp to it's former glory.

I am looking to purchase a clone of myself. I really want to be able to do 18 projects at once. I can realistically only do 5 at a time. Drum room is open now, so setting up my kit to take care of previous, promised, collabos.

So my 'nex' major purchase, is time. lol

Send me that track again Dave. I lost the stuff. :)

Go on, moresound....join me on the dark side!

(I bought my digital console--a DM1000--almost 8 years ago and it's been a reliable workhorse since then, doing a mix of live and studio duties. It's only now that I'm looking at "next generation" gear longingly. I won't have the money to buy anything new for a long while but must say that Digico, A&H and Soundcraft now have some very tempting new stuff out there.)

HA! I did at one point have a Yamaha O1v and a Behringer DDX3216 but I sold them off. The people that I sold them to still have and use them.

I think that I'm waiting to see the new lines to come out to make a final choice. Gotta be a big one though. ;)

Parts to build guitar pedals, preamps, and compressors.

a rack to put everything in.

stuff to build cables and set up my patchbay.

Oh and a Zoom H2N for mobile stuff and fieldwork, since i can't really build a mobile unit myself.

I want another 512c, but I have to start a new lunchbox... So my next purchase is, uh... no time soon, lol.

Just added a set of "smallies" -- Tyler D4M's (does "just added" count enough?). Not particularly "major" but major enough.

I had to modify the crossovers to the tweeters, but FINALLY I have a set of small-ish speakers that don't sound like crud.

(They're the small ones...)

542593_10151480717480089_118781330088_23768620_1243008144_n.jpg

Just added a set of "smallies" -- Tyler D4M's (does "just added" count enough?). Not particularly "major" but major enough.

I had to modify the crossovers to the tweeters, but FINALLY I have a set of small-ish speakers that don't sound like crud.

(They're the small ones...)

"Just added" counts!! Any particular reason you have them sitting on the outside of your tower speakers? I would think 4" drivers would be better suited on top of the console as nearfields. But I might be stereo-typing (pun unintentional).... :facepalm:

Hey, wanna buy some Lavry blacks??

That looks really interesting. Have you used it or seen it in use before? Or are you buying on speculation? I think it's a cool idea.

I haven't used one but Steve Kimock swears by it. A bunch of the jamband guys are using them. I wanna hear it with my FRAP pickups. Supposed to roll off some of the brittleness of piezos. Variable inductance makes it into a kind of tone control.

http://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/resources/Online-Product-Manuals/SGBBmanual.pdf

Sarnos' tube preamps look pretty far out too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the next major purchase wasn't a refridgerator or washer and dryer. Current ones are 18 years old and not getting any younger!

Back