What's goin' on with everybody

The shed guy blew me off for the third time. This time his excuse was he had a fight with his brother and he doesn't have any help. They were supposed the be here Thursday morning. He told me he had the truck and trailer all loaded and all he had to do was load the tools and he would have been here by 8 am. I told him to tell his
brother that the fight cost them whatever time and money they just lost and not to bother anymore. Looking for another builder.

How difficult can it be?
I've had a day of running around trying to buy smoke alarms, and CO2 alarms, which I have to install as a landlord.
I started my quest ot B&Q, which I think is our equivalent of Home Depot. Theirs were rather pricey.
While I was there, though, I bought a Doorbell for £25.
Nice and easy, all you do is plug the ringing bit into a wall socket, and attach the button bit to outside your door. The button does not need batteries, but uses
kinetic energy to transmit RF to the main bit.
I haven't had a doorbell for nearly 40 years, because the last one I bought just didn't work. It had an electro-mechanical dual chime, with a solenoid, and a mains
transformer mounted on the wall in another box, and a cable running to the push-button outside. The trouble was, I would get home from work several times to find
the chime unit just buzzing, and consuming electric, because the solenoid would not dis-engage after operation. I just disconnected it, and it is still there attached to the wall,
disconnected nearly 40 years later.
Anyhow, fast forward to today's swanky new bell. First time I pressed the button, it sounded.
A few more attempts, and I found it didn't always work on the first press,...or the second.
Sometimes it might sound on the third or fifth attempt.
On my final attempt it only sounded on the tenth attempt.
Enough! I packaged it back up and took it back to B&Q for a refund.
This is not exactly Windows11, but how difficult can a doorbell be?
I am tempted to make one with a bit of string, a beater, and a cymbal.

...should be ok..
----------------------

the 22nd is Stages bitter jester thing..

22nd at Stages gig

events cancelled due to social climate..

Last edited:
Restargio is from another band with Orion James, Hooker, and sang for Dalton.

great cover tunes..sympathy for the devil..give it listen

Attachments

• - - Sympathy For The Devil.mp3
    10.2 MB
Ok, it's Nov 1. Last night the temps got below freezing, so the growing season has officially ended.

The leaves in the back yard have been mulched for the second time this year. The last of the tomato plants are in the trash can, although sitting in a box in the garage there are 7 larger tomatoes and about 20 cherry tomatoes that are green or starting to turn red. A bunch of ghost peppers are sitting on the counter by the window, some just with a tinge of yellow or orange, others just green.

The hoses have been detached from the faucets, the vincas, begonias and impatients that were planted the first week of May froze overnite, so they are now cut down and in the recycle bag with the leaves from the front yard. They were still blooming nicely right to Halloween!

There are still a lot of leaves on some of the trees, so I'm sure there will be more work to be done, but so far, so good.

I just went through my tube collection. I am never going to use them. Got to make a list and sell them as a lot. I counted at least 16 6L6s, countless 12AX7s, EL84s, El 34s, 7189s, 7189As, 6V6s, a bunch of rectifier tubes, 12AU7s, 12DW7s, 12AY7s, 6SN7s, 6SJ7s, and more!

Went to vote here in Scott County Va. There was no party opposing a republican candidate in the district. You either voted the republican candidate or a write in, your choice. What is wrong with this county. I would consider running but with my record...lol.

Looked like it is going to turn cold.
So today I set about sweeping my woodburner metal chimney.
All went well until I had 6 rods up the chimney...
Then the brush head parted company with the pole.
I need to work out how to retrieve it, or I'm going to freeze.
Idea 1: gaffa tape a metal hook of some kind to the pole, and try to pull it down.
Idea 2: get the drone to deliver a substantial fishing weight into the top of the chimney, that should fall through the brush - attached to a string - attached to a ball.
pull said weight + string + ball down the chimney, bringing the brush with it.
Idea 3: dismantle a dog-leg section of chimney in the loft, and retrieve brush.
I think I'm going to sleep on it......

Idea 1: gaffa tape a metal hook of some kind to the pole, and try to pull it down.
Idea 2: get the drone to deliver a substantial fishing weight into the top of the chimney, that should fall through the brush - attached to a string - attached to a ball.
Bummer. I’m gonna vote for idea number 3 good luck

Wait for Santa, he will get it cleared.

I had to pick up my wifes prescription the other day. When I got there I had some questions. I first asked the cashier then a pharmacist came over. I said I just read this on the internet. I read that sometimes the prescription cost less than my copay and that once I supply the information for my insurance you are locked in at that price. That you are not even allowed to tell me what the cost is. Is this true. Yes, was the answer. So, I say, I haven't agreed to pay for this with my insurance yet so what is the price of the medication? The answer, I don't know? What do you mean you don't know? You will have to go on line to find that out? Doesn't CVS have a data base on the cost of their drugs, No! You don't even know the price of your own drugs? No, you will have to go on line. How can I compare price if you can't tell me the price? She kind of shrugged and walked away and left me with the cashier. I should have refused to use the insurance and told them I wanted to pay cash, but I didn't push it. It is the wifes thyroid prescription. I highly doubt the scrip price is less than my copay but it is the principle of the thing, I think they were giving me the run around? I am going to have to look into this more. I forgot to add, anything above the "actual" prescription price paid by the copay, goes directly to the insurance companies.

You can check prices on GoodRX.com. My BP med is anywhere from $10 to $25. Retail price is about $1/ pill. I have a $6 copay for 90 days, so it saves me a few bucks. But the insurance was more for the times when I had surgery, or if you have a higher priced script.

Back