What's goin' on with everybody

What am I up to? Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

I feel like I'm in an old folks home, sitting around waiting to die. And it's not coming anytime soon. At least not soon enough.

It's like that last line in Paradise By The Dashboard Light - "I'm just prayin' for the end of time, that's all that I can do."
At 68 I am definitely getting to closer to the last chapters or chapter of my life here. Having come way too close to checking out with the skin cancer crap a few years back I'm waking up every day with a huge WOO HOO I get another day! Then taking a moment to thank God and the cosmos for the bounty of family, friends and crazy cool gifts and opportunities I have for some reason been blessed with. Then hitting my knees for a moment and in humble gratitude asking to be empowered to be the best I can be at serving my purpose and accomplishing what ever it is I am supposed to accomplish with this extra time I have been allotted. Open my eyes and my mind, soften my heart and lead me to where you need me. Then I go about my day chasing my tail with a never ending amount of rabbit holes I go down most every day. Shit doesn't just happen, we make it happen. Every day we have the choice to sit on the sidelines and watch it get made or make some ourselves. If you're just waiting for shit to happen it will but it isn't your shit and it can get pretty boring. My advice is get out there and make shit happen, it's a hoot while you're doing it and it's fun looking back at that big ol pile of shit that is the sum of what we have accomplished in this life. And away we go!

And_Awaaay_We_Go%21.png

Tae, I don't get down on my knees anymore.... it's too danged hard to get up from there!!!!

Just finished walking 18 holes of something that resembled golf. We made the tee time when the forecast was for 50 degrees. By the time we finished at 1:30pm, it had shot up to a sweltering 36 degrees, with about a 10mph wind. One fellow had a wet towel to clean the mud off his clubs. By the end of the front nine, it was stiff from the freezing temp.

Maybe we picked the wrong day, but I got my exercise in.

10 o'clock low.jpg

This is Project Leader. Two drummers coming in at 10 o'clock low. Get ready back there, we'll take them on track 4 and buss them over to track 7. Waist compressors, they're all yours. Project child folder will pick them up on the other side on tracks 1 and 2, taking them out with the limiter. Good luck. Here we go...

Tae, I don't get down on my knees anymore.... it's too danged hard to get up from there!!!!
LOL The getting up and down is the best part of my stretching exercises...:laughings: I am so lucky that I was gifted, as my Pops used to say, "with a strong back and a weak mind". The wife is almost 6 years younger, very active, very fit but man she has the aches and pains, bad hips, bad knees and the beginnings of arthritis.. :( all big suckage but she's a beast and just keeps keeping on.
Just finished walking 18 holes of something that resembled golf.
I LOVE that stupid game! Unfortunately I only started playing it about 10 years ago and I suck pretty well at it..At least I can keep it in the mid 90's most of the time.. Goal is to get to an average of @ mid 80's. That requires having the time, energy and commitment to get there..oh and the basic skill, brains and physicality to get there. It's the time and brains I seem to be lacking on with all the other rabbit holes I go down. Since I began this Remod-HELL I gave up playing the keys , posting at HR.com and playing Golf. Well I was able to not post for about 6 weeks, I put down on the keys for almost 3 months sans the 3 practices ( and a tiny bit of woodshedding) with the country rock band...then it was back to playing at least several hours every week...Golf is th eonly thing I have not done in the last 4 months and I miss it. Was talking with my son-in-law ( who is the bastard who got me hooked on it) yesterday and he was pushing me to get out and play. Nope nope and nope...gotta get this house finished. The main reason I never took up golf in my 30's when it was first presented to me was I could not justify the time and money it would take from me being a Dad. So I just said nope... Now I have the money and the want but that time thing is rearing it's ugly head pointing it's finger at me saying using it wisely dumbass...you're running out of it. So many things I want to accomplish ..So that lofty goal of hitting in the mid 80's may end up just being a lofty goal. 4 months off and there is a shit pile of "to do's" that aren't done.. Like right now I gotta go get the coffee made, run out and woodshed for 30 minutes..then pack up and get over to the 3 Sunday of each month practice...another Sunday mid day gone with the wind. Maybe I should try the quit posting thing again and just stop by and read the stuff here at HR . This place is a great place to commiserate with fellow musicians and talk shit but it can be a time sponge to...There is Father time again ..pointing his fickle finger at me :eek::laughings:

I don't golf. So when I first moved to Florida me and a friend went to a local driving range, using their gear. My first swing sliced 45° across in front of the line of hitters to my right, and the club spun out 20° to my right left about 40 feet. Everyone in the place had a big grin :facepalm:

Pre-Covid [basterd], I hit the gym 3 days a week for a 1 hour workout with cardio cycle, free weights and stacked weights. Kept me well toned (not built) in muscle and overall body. I've regressed somewhat in the past 2 years and will have to buckle down to develop a home regimen - most likely buying some free weights.

Though I see the local gyms are PACKED with un-masked people who seem to be thriving in that environment, I still can't take the chance of mixing with them at my age and increased vulnerability level.

Last edited:
Well just got back from practice.... I suffer from ADD or at least get to use it as an excuse when I screw up ;) So the band director / lead guitarist of this Brent Payne extravaganza Country Rock band that I was fortunate enough to audition for and they felt sorry enough to let me in, sends me this e-mail a month or so ago that this is the songs were going to rehearse at practice..with video links...So I practiced them...I guess further in the e-mail at some point he mentions we are going to be auditioning a potential back up fiddle player since the main man is pretty busy doing the Irish band thing and is not showing up for our once a month practices... HOLY SHIT! So this precious young lady shows up and we go through the songs and then we start talking...Now it's bad enough that I have to play with Frank Marino's drummer now that Frank has retired...This girl has been on tour playing fiddle for the Doobie Brothers..Played and toured with Wonderwall and most of the traveling Wilburys...yeah she stunk it up bad...She played well and sounded fantastic..AND really cool...way younger than the rest of us old farts but seems to be up for filling in...Man the band sounds kick ass...who'dathunk I'd be playing in a kick ass country rock band at 68 years old...sometimes I swear I am a dang lucky mofo!

Well just got back from practice.... I suffer from ADD or at least get to use it as an excuse when I screw up ;) So the band director / lead guitarist of this Brent Payne extravaganza Country Rock band that I was fortunate enough to audition for and they felt sorry enough to let me in, sends me this e-mail a month or so ago that this is the songs were going to rehearse at practice..with video links...So I practiced them...I guess further in the e-mail at some point he mentions we are going to be auditioning a potential back up fiddle player since the main man is pretty busy doing the Irish band thing and is not showing up for our once a month practices... HOLY SHIT! So this precious young lady shows up and we go through the songs and then we start talking...Now it's bad enough that I have to play with Frank Marino's drummer now that Frank has retired...This girl has been on tour playing fiddle for the Doobie Brothers..Played and toured with Wonderwall and most of the traveling Wilburys...yeah she stunk it up bad...She played well and sounded fantastic..AND really cool...way younger than the rest of us old farts but seems to be up for filling in...Man the band sounds kick ass...who'dathunk I'd be playing in a kick ass country rock band at 68 years old...sometimes I swear I am a dang lucky mofo!
That's alright, man... :cool:

Reactions: TAE
All the neighborhoods around here have been taken over by Live Oak trees (can you say "Triffids"?). To me, the most amazing feature are their lonnng, gnarly, horizontal limbs.

Just driving down a street literally covered by these, I'm always expecting one to snap and crush me - it's happened to others. And this would be on a nice, calm, sunny day. BUT! This is hurricane country and I've seen strong pre-hurricane force winds uproot several of these each year - never mind their fate during hurricanes. Lots of house roofs and driveway-parked autos fall victim too.

They're cool to look at, though. They make me think of Walt Disney's animations with posessed trees reaching out in the dark on a cold, windy night.

generic pic.jpg

All the neighborhoods around here have been taken over by Live Oak trees (can you say "Triffids"?). To me, the most amazing feature are their lonnng, gnarly, horizontal limbs.

Just driving down a street literally covered by these, I'm always expecting one to snap and crush me - it's happened to others. And this would be on a nice, calm, sunny day. BUT! This is hurricane country and I've seen strong pre-hurricane force winds uproot several of these each year - never mind their fate during hurricanes. Lots of house roofs and driveway-parked autos fall victim too.

They're cool to look at, though. They make me think of Walt Disney's animations with posessed trees reaching out in the dark on a cold, windy night.

View attachment 115167

Southern Live Oaks. All gone but three. They tore down a paradise and put up a parking lot. Used to park under those trees to fish Lynnhaven Inlet when there was nothing but crushed shells, sand, and dirt. And those "haunted frightened trees". All hours of day or night, year round any weather. A short walk from those trees out onto the beach, those "circus sands", one hand waving free casting again and again......not a care in the world, far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow. It's a far out thought, I know, but a guy from Minnesota wrote a few lines about it perhaps even before I was born.

And take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time
Far past the frozen leaves
The haunted frightened trees
Out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea
Circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate
Driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow

What's goin' on? We sold the house. We've talked about it for years, out of the city, out into the country. Now that it's happening, man, have to admit I have mixed emotions. It's hard to believe my salty days(and nights) are going to be a thing of the past. One thing I can say, I have no regrets that I ever took it for granted. Never felt so certain that there is a God.

Reactions: TAE
I'm watching the Stones' 2006 Rio free concert which is listed as "fully restored and re-mastered"... and it sounds like poop on my TV, mainly because Mick's vocal is way out front and the band is way in the background. Then it just sounds, well.. too live. When each song starts it's difficult to tell what song it is until Mick starts singing, and then it may take a few lines to catch it. Can hardly make out the bass playing or the backup singers. It's kinda like AM car radio all over again.

When each song starts it's difficult to tell what song it is until Mick starts singing, and then it may take a few lines to catch it. Can hardly make out the bass playing or the backup singers
The Stones have always annoyed me live. I saw them in '82, but even before that, I thought their live albums were a crock. They always played their songs so fast and Mick nearly always sang without melody so it was often difficult to tell which song they were singing. I stopped bothering with them live after '82.

About 5 years ago, I stumbled onto Paul McCartney's concert at The Citi Field, New York, USA (Friday 17th July 2009). It was the full, uninterrupted concert on YouTube in one clip. The sound is fantastic. I believe this was documented as if it was a film being produced, which accounts for the exceptional audio/video.

It's got that studio quality, yet it's not a note-for-note performance - a nice balance.

The concert isn't on YouTube anymore as a full clip, it's broken into segments and scattered all over, so it may be difficult to find all of them - but doing so is definitely worth the effort. I believe it ran for some 2-1/2 hours +/- (sure beats the Stones' experience, IMHO). I know this isn't the same sound the audience is getting, but he usually puts out something very close to it.

Here's clip # 1 [yell out if you spot any IEMs]

Last edited:
Back