What's goin' on with everybody

I was just looking at some photos of Vernon Presley and when he was younger he could pass for Elvis. Some of his older pics looked like Elvis at 65, if.. you know..

If your wife has ever said, "Come in here and move this transmission so I can take a bath" ... you.. might be a redneck

I had to catch some chipmonks a while back. The HavAHart trap worked fine. Inside, with mice, I just put peanut butter on the standard old mouse trap and wait for the SNAP! I'm not doing a witness relocation program for mice!

Why would you want to relocate the little mouse? Rats and mice do untold damage to your house when in there. Their pee and shite carries untold diseases which they will transfer all over your house including food, clothes and other surfaces. They chew through everything and I mean everything. I could tell you some little vermin stories. So much so I even purchased a really expensive rat and mouse trap.

The only good thing about having mice is you havent got rats. Because the rat would kill and eat the mouse.........and that's how you know.

Alright all youz.. I don't know whether to be scared or what, but I was checking out the weekly grocery sales ad for this week's list and one item jumped off the page at me.. a product called [ready..?] SOYLENT. And the ad shows a bottle with a green "complete meal" drink. It's.... GREEN! ... SOYLENT GREEN!!! AHHHhhhhh!!!!!

... IT"S.... sgp.jpg

Last edited:
I've been building a song in Reaper - all day. I got the guitars, bass and now building drum tracks from MT Power Drum Kit. I'm burned out.😵‍💫

Crap! Here in Florida we've had some very cold temps the past few days. We went, basically, from the 80's to the 30's-40's and the battery in my car is about to croak. The last two days it had that hesitant crank when the key is turned, then fired right up and ran well showing a good 14.6 charging value.

Today it was just a bit more hesitant on the cold crank so I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow (if it starts ok, or my power jumper jumps it).

I've had the (used car) for 6 years and it's the battery that came with it. No idea how old it is before that, so it's time for a newbie. I've been half-expecting this for the past year, so...

Other than that, HECK! .. everything's ok, I reckon.

I would love to see 30s and 40s. It was 12 here this morning and I don't think it got above freezing.

I had to change the battery in my Taurus last fall. I had everything ready to take out, drove to Autozone, got a battery, walked outside and lifted the hood. Unbolt the cables, pull the old one, put in the new one, tighten the cables and put on the clamp. It took longer to stand in line for the core refund than it did to change the battery. 5 years is about it for car batteries these days.

:giggle: I've still got my 50-below-zero L.L.Bean parka from when I lived in Maryland. We had a couple bad winters just before I headed south. I even had one of those aviator skull caps, fully lined with rabbit fur. Now that thing was toasty, and it looked cool too. I don't miss that weather at all.

Tomorrow's dealer visit: I just hope they don't take me to the cleaners trying to add on $1000 worth of "maintenance". I hate upselling.

Last edited:
Lawdy, Miss Clawdy. As I speak to you here from the Central portion of THE SUNSHINE STATE! , it's 32 freakin' degrees Fahrenheit - and dropping.

Orson... What did you do with the money I gave you to pay the heating bill?

I spent a good part of yesterday watching a "WKRP In Cincinnati" TV marathon. I had the biggest crush on Bailey Quarters.

bailey.jpg

I'm deep into a fairly massive video project. Six cameras, 12 audio tracks, 3x 1 hour sets. The band wants a 15-segment sampler and a number of whole songs. The sampler segments are edited, but I still have to assemble them.

The two tedious jobs are syncing all the video and color matching. The first is done and the second is my next task, which I have to do before finishing the sampler. It's mind numbing stuff that benefits from frequent breaks.

Massive video project.png

That's fascinating. I can imagine, as much as is displayed on your screens, there is still quite a bit you have to visualize and keep track of in your head - which is always in a state of flux. That must be the fun part :)

Back