Whats everyone using for amps?

What amp do you prefer?

• Total voters
GK 400 RB
GK MBE 212
I love me some bass. When I play guitar its acoustic or amp mods.

That is a pretty cool poll for a forum. Normally, you can only select one.

For guitar, Fender Deluxe Reverb combo and a Marshall JCM 900.

For bass, Genz Benz GBE head's & Uber 8*10 cab.

For a home studio, I guess weight is not that much of an issue as that head is pretty heavy.

Genz Benz have introduced the Streamlinerr series with a 3 tube pre-amp. Gallien Kreuger have also introduced an impressive micro bass amplifier called the

GK MB Fusion

Product Dimensions: 9.5" x 10.8" x 1.8"
Weight: 7.9 pounds
Power: 500W at 4 ohms
Pre Amp: 3*12AX7 tubes.

http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products/mb-heads/mb-head-reviews/

Now I just have to wait a couple of years for them to come onto the 2nd hand market.

Last edited:
I've been playing guitar in my friend's country band for the past year and during practice I've been running through a little Marshall MG15. I was using a Hot Rod Deluxe until it started losing it's volume (cap job soon), so I had to break out my old Crate Vintage Club head and 2-12 cab. That thing just sounds so good! I have been recording with my Kendrick 118 (this is what I should be using for the band, but I don't wanna take it out of the house). I have a Budda Stringmaster that is sitting in the corner because even at 30 watts, it's too loud to get it where I want it to be recording wise. For bass, I have an Ampeg SVT III that needs some TLC. I will usually use a SWR Workingman's 15 for convenience sake, because I am usually just going out and jamming with friends. If it's something more serious, I'll use the Redhead. When I record bass, if it's not direct I use an old Ampeg B15S.

Egnater Tweaker 15w head & Marshall DSL-1 H, lately into a Celestion Greenback (I have a Vintage 30 too, but lately, I'm diggin' the GB a lot more)...Here's my "stack"...
my stack.jpg
For bass, I use ampsims most (if not all) of the time, but I have recorded some stuff using the DSL-1's line out, & it seems to do ok, but nothing great/different than an ampsim to be honest...

But, I am gonna brag on my little amp setup, with either of these 2 "lunchbox" amps, I can get some pretty good tones (to me anyway), with pretty much silent (in the house/room) noise levels using my home-made ISO cab...I've got some NOS tubes in both, they don't make a lot of difference in the Marshall (the stock tubes that came in the amp are pretty good IMO, only NOS tubes in it right now is an RCA Clear Top for the power section), but the T15 sounds great with a set of Russian 6P3S power tubes, a Mullard 12ax7 in V1 & Sylvania 12ax7 in V2, make the Tweaker a completely different amp (compared to the stock tubes, to me anyway).....

I've got a tophat ambassador combo. Its sexual. really good modern fender-y sound but a little less jangly (which a good thing in my opinion) and great response to attack. ........ I'm gonna go play with it now.....

I am using a Blackstar HT20 head into an Orange cab with a V30 and a Marshal cab with a Celestion G12-66. I use that for my gain channel mostly. For my cleans I am using a Fender Acoustasonic Jr DSP that has two non switchable channels that I have set up one with reverb and the other with delay and reverb. I switch between both amps using a custom made by someone who wasnt me a/b/y switch and then I switch between the two channels on the fender with an a/b switch. Other than that I have a delay pedal and thats pretty much it except for the pedals for the fender and blackstar. I also have an Orange Micro Terror that I just picked up and sometimes will mess around with it on its own through the marshall cab, but it mostly sits.

DSCN5985_zps1d3b73e8.jpg

DSCN5987_zpsd7dfd0c7.jpg

DSCN5990_zpsc753b88b.jpg

maybe I should trade you something for it.

Hmmm, possibly. I do like it, just not nearly as much as the Blackstar. I was going to use it to layer tracks or use it when someone comes over to jam so I have a couple amp options. What did you have in mind?

Hmmm, possibly. I do like it, just not nearly as much as the Blackstar. I was going to use it to layer tracks or use it when someone comes over to jam so I have a couple amp options. What did you have in mind?
oh I don't know ...... I have lots of stuff.
Too bad I never noticed that I have a nice A/B/Y box until last week!

I don't really have anything in particular in mind. I have a bunch of pedals but really, it would be up to you if there's something you need and whether I have it.

oh I don't know ...... I have lots of stuff.
Too bad I never noticed that I have a nice A/B/Y box until last week!

I don't really have anything in particular in mind. I have a bunch of pedals but really, it would be up to you if there's something you need and whether I have it.

Yeah, brow. Ill probably just hold onto it. the only thing I really need is a kick mic.

now that ive gone wide-range i realize that i dont like guitar amps anymore

i have analog and digital gear that gets me where i want to be through the pa

Back