Can anyone help me achieve this tone??

STAROWEN

I've been playing the guitar for years but I've never really played around with amps that much so I can never dial in the tone I want

I now use Amplitube 4 and Guitar Rig 5 for my amps because I can't play through anything but headphones... but Amplitube has Fender licenced replicas of their traditional amps on there so it isn't a poor app like people would assume.

Anyways, I've been trying to achieve The Stone Roses/John Squire tone for a long time now and I got close a long time ago but I've lost all the settings :(

Can anyone help me replicate the lead tone on 'Mersey Paradise', 'Sugar Spun Sister' and 'The Hardest Thing in the World'? - they're all similar tones in that song so I only need one. Amp and pedal settings with pickup choice would be appreciated. I have a Strat, a Les Paul and a 335 but I just never know what pickup to use

Squire is famous for using a Gretsch country gentleman or something like that but I read that he recorded their debut album on a strat which has really thrown me off

Thanks a lot!!!

I think the thing you need to get to that sound is going to be a chorus pedal. This guy has the tone nailed pretty well. Tube Screamer, CS9 chorus plus a fair quantity of reverb.

I thought I heard some slapback delay in there as well.

Basic clean tone with a little bit of crunch from the amp. Sounds like a strat in the between position for middle and bridge.

Back