What video editing software do you use?

Trichter

For simple videos Shotcut is working as well. Features are somewhat limited, but it is free, open-source and available for Win, Mac and Linux.

Shotcut has worked for me and so has Da Vinci Resolve, but for most things I tend to use the editing built into Reaper. Most video editing software tends to do things in a slightly different way to audio editing software so I prefer the way that Reaper does things. I think Vegas also works in a similar way to Reaper seeing as it started life as an audio program.

bouldersoundguy

Shotcut has worked for me and so has Da Vinci Resolve, but for most things I tend to use the editing built into Reaper. Most video editing software tends to do things in a slightly different way to audio editing software so I prefer the way that Reaper does things. I think Vegas also works in a similar way to Reaper seeing as it started life as an audio program.
Reaper appears to put just the audio tracks in the timeline. To edit a video track, you have to edit the associated audio track. In Vegas Pro, you have audio and video tracks in the timeline, and you can edit them together or ungroup them to edit them independently. When you edit video in Vegas Pro, you get a direct visual representation of the video clips on the timeline. Also, it has a large number of plugins for video transitions, processing and effects. The way it handles video is very similar to the way it handles audio, so most of the skills you learn for dealing with audio clips transfer directly to dealing with video clips.

1649392757633.png

Rickious

Caveman
I use Adobe Premier Pro, and dabble/learning After Effects too. But also Photoshop and Illustrator for graphic elements.

I have the Adobe CC (Creative Cloud), so monthly subscription, but I use it all a lot so worth it for me. They do different packaged with different sets of software, but if you use photoshop, illustrator and premier, its much cheaper to get the full creative cloud. Depends on budget as it can feel a bit held for ransom now a lot of software has gone subscription based. They do update regularly though. So if thats important to you and if Premier is the way for you, its an option. Just not the cheapest.

Bonus with adobe CC is access to fonts and a lot of free stock images, good ones too.