What is this microphone? *picture included*

yer eyes must not be as good as your ears! :D

Look ...... on the Audiotex there's a black ring ( a spacer maybe) between the body and the flared out part ..... there is no black ring on the OP's mic.
And the head part of the Audiotex is clearly tapered a little bit towards the grill whereas on the OP's mic it is very clearly completely straight or in that one pic possibly tapered the other way although I think that's just that one pic and it;s straight. But it definitely doesn't taper towards the grill.
And lastly on the Audiotex the screens in between the bars are almost twice as wide as the bars whereas on the OP's mic the bars and the screens are about the same width.
And lastly on the Audiotex there look to be 7 .... maybe 8 of those bars .... on the OP's mic looks like at least 9 of them .... possibly 10.
No way those are the same mics.

You are right, Steve. Am at a loss here.

I believe that you have found it, Arcaxis!!

The black tail piece at the XLR connector is dark just like the OP's picture.

Good job. :thumbs up:

arcaxis well done-i'll go and write it down. A very interesting piece of information for my research on abba and pre-abba microphones. Will gladly present this to my colleagues.
:)
i hope this will be useful for other people as well.

Nearest I found was a Sennheiser MD-420 but looking at scores of old microphones something struck me?
Never mind Bellringers, those guys were ripping each others designs off all over the shop!

And I am sure the Grundig mic marked as a "crystal" was in fact a capacitor type.

Dave.

It's not the Shure mic shown, (you'll notice that the Shure has a slightly tapered end, and the logo), it's an old Electrovoice SC670 from the 70's, and a much nicer piece of equipment than the Shure, IMHO, as I have owned both, and the difference in sound quality is very obvious. I'm not positive about the model number, but I'll check with a friend who I think still owns one.

It's not the Shure mic shown, (you'll notice that the Shure has a slightly tapered end, and the logo), it's an old Electrovoice SC670 from the 70's, and a much nicer piece of equipment than the Shure, IMHO, as I have owned both, and the difference in sound quality is very obvious. I'm not positive about the model number, but I'll check with a friend who I think still owns one.
already been found earlier in the thread.

It's very very similar, with one little difference.
the one arcaxis mentioned is indeed the one.
this picture shows the mic a little better...Untitled.jpg
the mic on the picture you showed is shorter. other than that it's the same

Back