What is a GREAT rack parametric EQ?

yetipur

What is a GREAT rack parametric EQ? Just curious what
you guys think. I'm looking for somthing that can REALLY cut the lows and mid-lows out.

Thanks!!

Great River EQ-2NV is a great surgical EQ. Two channels with high pass, four band eq with high and low shelves on upper and lower bands, as well as 3 selectable Q settings on each band. Seven freq selections on the low band and ten on the low mids. Allows you to cut anywhere at any depth and width (or add). Also sounds great. ;)

Crane Song Ibis is a personal fave - The Great River is a very nice unit as well.

You might want to mention some sort of budget...

If you're looking for "very cost-effective" and still "very nice" you might look at Speck (only around $500/channel).

Thanks for the tips. So what do you think of..........Avalon Vt-737sp Versus. Great River meq-1nv (combo pre and eq in one?)

Klark Teknik DN9340E and DN9344E

I now and then get to play with things for the pro audio shop I do repairs for and sometime just setting them up.

Sometimes a piece of hardware (mixers, HD recorders, amps, speakers, etc stays at home for a while sometimes months before it is needed for a tour our what ever.

This is a sweet EQ's can do alot with it had it for 3 months and before the tour started. The links below are the units.

http://www.klarkteknik.com/dn9340e.php

and the

http://www.klarkteknik.com/dn9344e.php

Last edited:
$ DBX 242
$$ Speck AS-T, JDL
$$$ Great River, Millennia, API, Buzz Audio, A-Designs
$$$$ Crane Song, Klark Teknik, Manley, GML

I think the DAV (Broadhurst Gardens) one looks like it's good value. I think you can have it made with different increments (0.5db, 1db, 2db steps etc). Seems pretty good value for a quality 2 channel unit.

You could get a 900 Series rack and an Aphex 9901 for not a lot of cash, if you can find them.

I think the DAV (Broadhurst Gardens) one looks like it's good value. I think you can have it made with different increments (0.5db, 1db, 2db steps etc). Seems pretty good value for a quality 2 channel unit.

You could get a 900 Series rack and an Aphex 9901 for not a lot of cash, if you can find them.

Umm, that's a mic pre, not an equalizer. Granted it is a pretty good mic pre, but not what the OP had in mind I think.

Old thread, but just wanted to point out the the DAV unit I was talking about was their mastering EQ, not the mic pre. No where near $100 though! For that I'd say there is nothing that would be considered good.

Back