What do you think of this AI stuff?

Very few people will want to see an AI robot deliver the news. They want to see a human talking about human stories. Nobody in a war zone will interview with a robot,

50 years from now you won't be able to tell the difference between a robot and a human being. Don't kid yourself, they will be able to do all our jobs, no job is "safe".
They will be quite capable of repairing and teaching themselves.

50 years from now you won't be able to tell the difference between a robot and a human being. Don't kid yourself, they will be able to do all our jobs, no job is "safe".
They will be quite capable of repairing and teaching themselves.
I’m not sure about that. 50 years is not a long time in robotics. It is in AI, though. 50 years ago, people thought we’d have flying cars and robots like Will Smith’s movie iRobot. We’re roughly 10 years out from that and not even close to such a scenario.

This also assume there won’t be legislation to prevent robots from displacing people. Governments will *not* want to pay universal basic income.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about that. 50 years is not a long time in robotics. It is in AI, though. 50 years ago, people thought we’d have flying cars and robots like Will Smith’s movie iRobot. We’re roughly 10 years out from that and not even close to such a scenario.

This also assume there won’t be legislation to prevent robots from displacing people. Governments will *not* want to pay universal basic income.
You haven't figured it out yet. Once the rich don't need us to do the jobs for them anymore it's good night Irene. Don't think for a second they don't have plans. Do you really think population growth can go on the way it is and the destruction of the ecosystem along with it and the rich are just going to sit back and die with the rest of us?

You haven't figured it out yet. Once the rich don't need us to do the jobs for them anymore it's good night Irene. Don't think for a second they don't have plans. Do you really think population growth can go on the way it is and the destruction of the ecosystem along with it and the rich are just going to sit back and die with the rest of us?
The rich ARE going to die with the rest of us. lol.

Do not fear. If AI ever reads my mind it will be the end of it's existent. It will never make sense of my thoughts and burn out trying. I know, I've tried

The thumbnail to this picture is almost square, and is a historic picture from railway activity in my town, before the sidings and track were removed. Photoshop now has AI capability, so I got this picture, and told it to generate new images either side. It did this. All the historic photos people have been usuing, scoured from the net are now at risk, because the buildings it created are made up and have never been there. Future generations won't know reality from fiction. Music, and videos will be the same. It's hugely clever and powerful, but it's a bit scary.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: TAE
The thumbnail to this picture is almost square, and is a historic picture from railway activity in my town, before the sidings and track were removed. Photoshop now has AI capability, so I got this picture, and told it to generate new images either side. It did this. All the historic photos people have been usuing, scoured from the net are now at risk, because the buildings it created are made up and have never been there. Future generations won't know reality from fiction. Music, and videos will be the same. It's hugely clever and powerful, but it's a bit scary.
The film industry has been doing this forever with mattes. Now the torch has been passed to AI.

A.I. and robotics is the only way to fix this problem and the rich know it.

That's wild and scary

Back