see post....

• electric

Votes: 51 32.7%
  • acoustic

Votes: 92 59.0%
  • death to ALL diseased monkeys....

Votes: 13 8.3%

• Total voters
I started out on a swap meet frankenstein. My grandfather transplanted the neck of one broken acoustic guitar onto the body of another. When he died, my grandmother gave it to me.

Over the years I beat the hell out of that guitar. Finally had to put 'er down. RIP.

hixmix said:
The soundtrack was "the beatles come to america". Every time "She Loves You" played on the radio my friend and I would grab that prop guitar and pretend we were John and Paul.

LOL, when I was 8 or 9 (1964-65) we hopped around mock-playing badmitten rackets.

Sad part is I haven't improved much.

An Old Ibanez SG copy, antique white with 3 gold-plated humbuckers and pearlessent inlays, through a 300-watt Acoustic head with a 15" Black widow cab.

The first song was Back in Black because the Angus' guitar looked like it was the same shape as mine. I couldn't understand why his guitar seemed to "growl." I thought I was playing it wrong, so did the neighbors. I asked my dad (who doesn't play guitar) to get me that sound for Xmas. He bought me a ProCo Rat. I was in heaven.

I started out on a classical guitar - moved to steel-string acoustics after about 6 months - got my first electric after a year. I'm not really sure if I made the right choices, but I can do what I want to with a guitar, which is write songs for it.

SILVERTONE

DUDE ,way back when i was 14 ,i'm 35 now my mom got me a sweet deal on a sears silvertone ,used of course ,anyhoo it had th amp in th case but a previous owner had scarfed th guts,35 bucks ,not a bad deal i think . I carried it everywhere i went it got to be a joke with my family "there he is with that guitar "I still have it today.

Lester! HAHAHA!!!

I had a Sears Silvertone - my first attempt at a "custom" guitar - we ripped out the stock pickup and put a pair of humbuckers in, filed off all the frets, painted it this really eerie combination of hot pink and neon green, painted eyeballs for the fret markers, and put it all back together...

Guess what?

It never worked again :D

Henri Devill said:
Norma Acoustic...27.00 dollar thing that my Mom got for me at a TV/Radio store.. I was in the 4th grade..Gotta agree with Trebles!

Same here, little Norma Acoustic, 'bout 6th grade. Even gotta agree w/Trebles too! Reminds me of Christmas's when Pop was laid off. Never bothered me that there wasn't anything under the tree, testament to my parents. I remember one year mom made stuffed animals for all us kids. I LOVED THAT LITTLE BLUE BEAR!!! :p Trebles hit my warm fuzzy memory switch! Everybody raise your glass and give a HELL YEAH! to Mommys and Daddys! :D

startedoff on a cheap ass acoustic no name when i was 5...banged around on that on and off for years until i was about 15 when i got my first electric, a Peavey T-15......

At 16, I learned some chords on my brother's Yamaha acoustic. Then we smashed it in the road out of frustration.

At 18, I bought an Applause acoustic for $40 from an older guy at work and played every night that summer. I recently tore the soundboard off w/the intention of rebuilding it. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

My first electric was a Peavey t-25 through a Yamaha 210. Hated it, but the girls thought it was cool. Good thing for me they didn't care that I was just this side of horrible.

Them's were the days...

;)

Acoustic, which most folks do, because of availability at the pawn shop......I dunno what age I was, but I pestered my folks for one so we went pawn-shopping.....it hated me and I hated it.....the action was so high it hurt my fingers just to strum it with an E chord....

Then at the ripe age of 14 or so, I got a guitar in mexico.....sweet little blond nylon, which I promptly put steel strings on....fucker looked like a saucer the next day.......gibs

started on a "Series A" 21 fret and 1 single coil bridge pickup.

the neck had a bow in it. Sounded like crap.

God I loved it. Thank god I don't still have it.

my 1st guitar was a SG copy (1973) ...don't know what brand, all it had was "made in japan" on it

I traded it even for a late 50's gretch contry gentleman with a blonde finish...100% original immaculate condition with a hardshell case

I didn't like the sound of it so i roudered it out so gibson humbuckers would fit in it

that would be my most boneheaded move.....if you don't count sanding the sunburst finish off my '66 strat and repainting it

im the vintage guitar butcher i guess

My mom won a ukele on a chocolate wheel and gave it to me. I worked out songs on the radio to play on it. The my big brother gives me his old 12 string with 6 strings on it. Then dad buy's me a 3/4 scale vox guitar (for $30) and a 30w Corinet amp. Jamed with drummer mate down the road and with bass playing school friend. Enter 2SM battle of the bands contest playing three songs we wrote. Came second. One of the judges joined the band and of we went.

All of the above happened in about 4 months. Thats the bit im most proud of.

Scott

Back