What did you have for dinner tonight?

Last night, Tacos. Beef sirloin cut into roughly 1/4" cubes. Sprinkled course kosher salt, granulated garlic, cumin, and a bit of black pepper, then went at it with a meat tenderizer hammer just enough to work the seasoning into the meat. Seared the beef in a ripping hot cast iron skillet then added onions diced about the same size. Corn taco shell, in goes meat, queso cheese, Taco Bell hot taco sauce(they now sell it in the grocery), shredded lettuce. El Yucateco habanero hot sauce as desired, the green one. Damn good.

Beefburger, mash, cabbage, peas and gravy.

How was your cabbage cooked? I'm liking cabbage more and more, anything from cooked down comfort food, maybe some smoked sausage added(or not), to fresh and crisp, or stir fried. It's good for you as well.

Dinner last night???? Nada.

Didn't finish playing golf until about 2:25, so when I got home, it was some leftover chili for lunch. When you eat lunch after 3:00, there's no reason to have dinner! A few chocolate chip cookies around 7:00 was plenty.

OK. I'm a vegetarian and the only meats in my diet are some turkey and chicken - and not much of those. But.. two or three times each year, shortly after my annual and semi-annual medical checkups and cancer screenings, I'll treat myself. Maybe a steak or prime rib dinner; bucket of fried chicken; fast food burger meal deal.. last one was a gyro with a side of fries.

My cardiologist gave me a clean bill of health this week, so tonight my dinner is an extra-large pizza with green peppers, black olives, hot jalapeños... sausage. Actually, I won't scarf the whole thing down tonight, I'll spread it out over several days.

How can a vegetarian eat chicken and turkey? Are those birds not made of flesh anymore then Spantini? Jeez what the f*** have I been eating?:unsure:

Your eating labels are very similar to your light switches. Very loosely defined. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO: Vegetarians eat some animal products. Vegans eat none.

Many meats now have pretty decent plant-based substitutes - even chicken.

Your eating labels are very similar to your light switches. Very loosely defined. :LOL:
UP = OFF - - - DOWN = ON - - I don't even know what you're talking about :p

:ROFLMAO: Vegetarians eat some animal products. Vegans eat none.

Many meats now have pretty decent plant-based substitutes - even chicken.
True but they dont eat the flesh of an animal even though they may eat the flesh of fish which is a strange one.

Chicken Quorn is disgusting. It is not a substitute for chicken, more a replacement for chewed up cardboard. Quorn mince is very good for replacing minced beef though.

I'm a card carrying member of PETA... people eating tasty animals!

The lady across the street is a vegetarian, but she has a bunch of cats. Whenever I roast a turkey, or cook a ham, I take all the scraps over to her for the cats. THEY aren't vegetarian!

Last night I made chicken breast and broccoli over pasta in a creamy cauliflower-chipotle-adobe sauce.

Them chickens. I see them growing everywhere like weeds. You can buy packets of chicken seeds from garden centers.:LOL:

I found this corndog plant. I don't know, they were a bit tough. Maybe they're not quite ripe yet? Mustard, lots of mustard.

corndog plant.jpg

Last edited:
Back