• Ableton

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • FL Studio

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • other

Votes: 44 12.6%

• Total voters
Reason rewired into Ableton.

Ableton has a great feature - "external instrument" - that allows you to rewire any Reason instrument using only one midi track. It's a little hard to find but it eliminates to use of a "to" and "from" track.

This allows the user to use Reason as a huge sound bank, while recording the midi in Ableton. Using Ableton's looping capabilities you can make as many loops as you want on the fly and have them be automatically assigned to something like a Lauchpad. Add to that the ability to record keys, or whatever else you want in real time and it's awesome.

Hope this helps.

Hey, are the polls on the top real? As from it, the only 3.45% uses Ableton and 20.69% Reaper.
I use Ableton & Bitwig and highly recommend both of them. :)

Seriously contemplating going to PreSonus' Studio One. I'm on the 30 day free trial, and so far I really like it. It's pretty easy to use so far.

For years I´m using Sonar for my productions, but I know there are newer and more sofisticated daw´s out there, I tried Studio One and Reaper, but learn the shortcuts and other trick for every audio suite is boring and hard. My concern is: am I losing a lot staying in a old but well known daw? Actually I use Sonar Platinum. For MIDI composing sonar platinum is sh**, or I missing something, but I use guitar pro to compose my drum lines, it´s too easy and I can´t find other program that is similar or easier than.

Hi... I'm a newbie but I found very friendly use in Cakewalk by bandlab.... although it's free, it looks like to be very complete

with other in 2nd place we need to do this poll over with more DAWs
and allow for more than one vote. some of us use 2 DAWs. maybe somebody uses 3 depending on what they are trying to do.

Using Logic Pro X with a Focusrite 18i20. I grabbed Harrison Mixbus when it was on sale a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet.

I did use a demo version of Pro Tools and found Logic WAY easier to use, but it is a pig on resources.

I am still tracking to my Tascam MX2424 (I have 3 of them) with the windows version of MX view.

Recently started mixing in Reaper and loving it, I did get Harrison Mixbus a while back but it hangs up on my computer which I believe is due to graphics being demanding and my computer being old and a bit slow, when I get the new computer I may use it again as it sounds very good and it also imports Broadcast (time stamped) wav files directly from the MX2424.

The old MX2424's will be converted to a AD/DA interface by using a MOTU LP32 when the new computer is up and running.

Alan.

Logic Pro X, it does what I need it to do. I used Cubase back in the day and loved that also. Once you get use to a sequencer it doesn’t really matter which you choose, they are all good in there own ways.

Back