We Are Happy Friends

Sunflower23

I like the groove. Around 40 seconds there are some chops in the vocals that sound a bit akward. The vocals also cause some clipping (such as around 1:20). I think overall the vocals could actually come down a db or 2.

endlessrain

I think I would really love to hear some "warmth" in this mix. Maybe I'm looking for some bass frequencies? Also, are the vocals too far in the mix? they could be brought a bit forward in my opinion (it could be the reverb that is pushing the vocals so far back in the mix instead of it being forward). I could be wrong. It's a nice song !

Snowman999

I wish I could put drums together this way. I've wanted to since the 80s and it comes out like a horror. I won't give real mixing advice, since I'm always asking for it.

For a demo this is fine. It's a very good song. It lacks full instrumentation and arranging (except the drums, they're phenomenal. They're more than a rhythm instrument here). A producer could take this version and create a full blown production.

Regardless of what you want to do with it, it's a really good song, with a nice message.

Also, I like the singer's voice, she sounds great.

Irwin abrigo

I like the groove. Around 40 seconds there are some chops in the vocals that sound a bit akward. The vocals also cause some clipping (such as around 1:20). I think overall the vocals could actually come down a db or 2.

Thank you very much for you comment. Yes! I had to chop the vocal in some parts maybe it didn't come across that smoothly.

Irwin

Irwin abrigo

I think I would really love to hear some "warmth" in this mix. Maybe I'm looking for some bass frequencies? Also, are the vocals too far in the mix? they could be brought a bit forward in my opinion (it could be the reverb that is pushing the vocals so far back in the mix instead of it being forward). I could be wrong. It's a nice song !

I will re listen the bass and vocal because for your comment and try to fit what does not sound right. Thanks very much for the reply.

Irwin

jimistone

long standing member
I haven't been here for a while now. This recording is good...a vast improvement over the recordings you were
posting when you first started posting here. You've learned a lot and your recent recording show it.
Congratulations

Irwin abrigo

I haven't been here for a while now. This recording is good...a vast improvement over the recordings you were
posting when you first started posting here. You've learned a lot and your recent recording show it.
Congratulations

Hi Jimistone, You have notice the improvement of my recordings and that's a good thing, I am thankfully for that. I also would like to say thank you for taking the time to stop and listen to my song.

Irwin