Wannabe hackers, slackers, code crackers, wasting all their time ... etc...

DoobieBrother

I am not as smart as I wish I was... ;-)

Tried to log into HR about an hour ago but got notification of me failing to log in in 5 of 5 attempts and to try again in 15 minutes.
20 minutes later I try again, and the first attempt comes up with the same notification.: 5 of 5 attempts failed, try again in 15 minutes.
Logged into my e-mail account and found a message from HR letting me know that someone using the IP address: xx.xx.xx.xx had tried to log in and failed 5 of 5 times and to wait for 15 minutes.

Not my IP, so some jackelope is attempting to hack into my original account (MadMac).

So here I be, with a new account, and a longer & more difficult password.

Sigh...
:-(

Last edited:
Whoever the hacker is, isn't far from you. That IP address resolves to Comcast in Oregon.

Finally able to log on again with the new account! :-)
I checked my IP address and the one listed is mine, but both times I attempted to log in on my "old" account (MadMac) I was only able to try twice on the first attempt before being told I failed 5 of 5 tries, so I waited 20 minutes and tried again, and only got one attempt before getting the 5 of 5 failure notice.

Then on my new account, I think I just made my password too complex for me to get it right, or possibly used too many characters so that entering in what I thought was the correct one I signed up with (it was: 123un456hack789able0 ).
But if it was too many characters, then it would come up as being incorrect (if there is, say, a maximum character limit of 16, that password has 20, so it might seem incorrect to the website?).

It's been a long day (insomnia has kept me up for two days, so I'm a little punchy), so I could very well have flubbed it in a couple different ways.

Will try logging out, and logging back in to see if the password generated by the website still works for me, then will try a new password with less characters to see if that solves the problem.
Onward & upward!

Okalee-dokalee!

Made a new & shorter alpha-numerical password and all seems back to normal!

I'll chalk it up to my own stupidity, frazzled grey matter, and nerve damaged fingers. ;-)

Sometime I feel too stupid to be allowed online...
;-)

Okalee-dokalee!

Made a new & shorter alpha-numerical password and all seems back to normal!

I'll chalk it up to my own stupidity, frazzled grey matter, and nerve damaged fingers. ;-)

Sometime I feel too stupid to be allowed online...
;-)

But who were you?

Wait! You mean you broke the number one forum rule? You are not allowed to have more than one identity, username, or account on Homerecording.com.

Don't let the Big Meanies find out or it will be off-with-your-head.

Wait! You mean you broke the number one forum rule? You are not allowed to have more than one identity, username, or account on Homerecording.com.

Don't let the Big Meanies find out or it will be off-with-your-head.

It's OK for these types of things...and even if someone wants to drop their old profile for other reasons...*as long as they are not posting with both/multiple profiles actively...or constantly switching from one to another...etc*.
Once you switch...the old profile must not be active any more even if you can get into it.

You should just always let us know so we are aware of it and not think there is some hanky-panky going on. :)
Letting the memebers also know like the OP did, is also not a bad idea...

It's OK for these types of things...and even if someone wants to drop their old profile for other reasons...*as long as they are not posting with both/multiple profiles actively...or constantly switching from one to another...etc*.
Once you switch...the old profile must not be active any more even if you can get into it.

So why was msh banned for having multiple profiles when he changed to a new one, and stopped using the old one?

Let's try to keep our stories straight, shall we?

So why was msh banned for having multiple profiles when he changed to a new one, and stopped using the old one?

Let's try to keep our stories straight, shall we?

He was not banned for that...it was for his endless attack posts.

Back