"Wait" -- I think this is final, just want to check

middleman: Thanks a lot, I wish I would have had this advice while I was still working on the song!

I agree about the second verse. I remember wanting to add something but I was out of ideas and/or didn't have the equipment that was required by some of the ideas.

I agree about the ending. It's too abrupt.

As for the snare, I monitor through low quality speakers so I rarely dare touch the EQ. I'm always afraid things will end up sounding worse than what I started with. Hopefully soon I will aquire a pair of decent monitors...

I think I'm pretty much finished with this demo though but if I ever get a chance to do a 'real' recording of this song I'll be sure to keep all that you've said in mind.

Thanks again.

Well If your still checking this after all these posts I'll give you my two cents. I'm a longtime musician new to digital recording at home so take it for what it's worth.

I wish I knew hot to get the kind of presence overall you get with "Wait" but I would like to have heard the vocal a bit more back in the mix. Your vocals are fabulous but it's just my preference. Also The song screams for strong backing vocals. I heard some but just faintly. Maybe it's my monitors?

Great Work! I was feeling pretty good about myself till I listened to your mix.

Rusty K

Back