"Wait" -- I think this is final, just want to check

MrLip

This is "Wait" again with a couple corrections. Turned down the cymbals/snare a edited a couple other things. For the most part it's the same as the first one I posted with a few minor changes. Just wanted to check the mix with you guys first.
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/6246/1.htm

Let me know if it's ok.

Thanks,
Lip

Mix is good. (to me)

Song isn't bad either.

You have a very soothing vox. Nice.

[This message has been edited by Ric (edited 04-22-2000).]

hi,
just started downloading......

sounds very good so far!!

can u tell me what you used to record this song ie. Computer or Hardware.

if it was done on a computer which sound card?
Which Mic & pre amp?
your vocals sound very pro!!

regards

Thanks to everyone for the critique/compliments. I think I'm gonna keep this one as the final mix.

Riff-master: I have a fostex dynamic mic (not sure what model, but I think it was pretty cheap. I borrowed it from a friend about 2 years ago and he never asked for it back), a broken Tascam 244 4-track recorder (the tape section is broken, I just use it for it's mic preamps), an SB Live! Value soundcard. For the drums I used the Creative S/W synth, guitars/vox recorded, for other sounds used SoundFonts.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lip

Christ . . Talk about turning shit to shinola !

No offense Lip . . . but I hate guys like you ! Keep up the good work.

Regards,
PAPicker

Sweet song...
Nice vocals, smooth guitarwork, and just plain ole' soothing to the ears. The recording sounded real nice.
It's a winner all-around. Keep up the great work!

Most excellent Mr. Lip. Is it just me or is there some sort of jitter or something going on with the drums and near the very end. I only noticed when I turned it up. And I don't turn things up unless I really like it! :)

-jhe

I listened to this again this morning. Does anyone think the bass is too soft?

JamesHE: you mean the drums sound out of time? I listened to the end again and I'm not really sure what you mean.

Thanks again,
Lip

GGGeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzussssssssssss!

ive spent a fortune & cant get crystal clear sound like that !! ah well!!

just a cheap mic ??

blows my c1000s away so it seams!!

back to the shops lol!

I compared the "before" and "after" and liked this mix a little better with the drums turned down. The cymbals were a tad loud on the first mix. Personally, I would have left this one alone because this song and everything about it is great! To qualify that statement: I am always downloading other peoples songs, playing my own stuff and rarely does anyone (family, friends) come down to the studio to listen. When I play this tune, they come down. And they're not just making a cameo appearance, they listen to it start to finish. Around these parts...that's as good as it gets. Keep up the good work!

Teddie: glad you like it. This was recorded before I got the Tube MP. This one was fostex mic -> mixer section of Tascam 244 -> sblive

Well, I really like it a lot. I've probably listened to it close to a dozen times this morning. Have you done any recording with your Tube MP yet?

Wow Ted we must be online at the same time.

Great to hear that you like it.

I haven't really done much with my Tube MP yet, unfortunately. Twice during spring break this guy was supposed to come over and do the vox for a song I arranged for him and both times he cancelled. Then last week I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled out (which also resulted in a secondary infection in my throat), and now I'm busy with some school stuff, so I haven't really had time yet. Hopefully after this week things will get back on track and I'll be able to get some recording done.

I'll let you know when I've got something new.

Adios,
Lip

MrLip, yah, I think we're on at the same time. What time is it where you are (me 1:04PM)

Sorry to hear about your teeth and the infection. I'm dealing with some allergies (pollen crap), but nothing like pullin' teeth.

Yes, please let me know when you get some new stuff out there using your Tube MP.

By the way, thanks for signing my G-Book at my site :)

Very nice,

Sounds like you put a lot of work into this one, and it paid off!!

I love the arrangement, really sets the mood.

Also great recording.

I liked it alot.

I played it to my cousin and she thought it was professionaly done. Sounds incredible considering your equipment list. When i heard it, it reminded me of another band, that i have heard before......Oh well!

Good Work!

Back